Page 1 of 2
I'm talking about awesome, wicked, excellent, whatever other 80s catch phrase, painted guitars with awesome designs. LIke the ones from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. I mean like production line ones, not custom ones you have to pay $14,024 to own or something. (AND NO ONE SAY zakk wylde's lame guitars). Like where are the neon colors and stuff..

Quote by amazingdm
I'm talking about awesome, wicked, excellent, whatever other 80s catch phrase, painted guitars with awesome designs. LIke the ones from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. I mean like production line ones, not custom ones you have to pay $14,024 to own or something. (AND NO ONE SAY zakk wylde's lame guitars). Like where are the neon colors and stuff..

and I'm not talking about silly shapes i'm talking about cool paint jobs with cool colors and nothing boring.. but yet still on good/respected guitars like Fenders and Gibsons

wait I take that back, not even on respected guitars
something cool for $50 even
why dont you paint one yourself and make it better than zakk wylde's if they're so lame then??
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Quote by powerage225
why dont you paint one yourself and make it better than zakk wylde's if they're so lame then??

That just reminded me of a little kid saying "If you love it so much why don't you marry it?"
And so this isn't spam, Dean has neon green and flourescent pink guitars.
yeah, what El Codyo said, and i never knew they had those kinda guitars on standard production lines, ever. The paisley fenders are cool, the pink ones with the awesome artwork.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
no its actually a little different, because criticizing something that someone has put plenty of blood and sweat into doesnt show much respect, especially if its better than what you have ever done, then its just immature
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Quote by powerage225
no its actually a little different, because criticizing something that someone has put plenty of blood and sweat into doesnt show much respect, especially if its better than what you have ever done, then its just immature

Um why would I respect zakk wylde? and his circley-doo guitars? Sorry that guitar just isn't fitting my vision
Dude that Moser Custom Shop is sick. And not in a good way...Amazingdm just paint your own guitar, thats what makes it cool and special. Not just buying it off the rack. It's funny you're dissing Zakk Wylde's LP, because thats the only LP I would ever play...
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Yeah this thread did make me go "OH DUh, I forgot I could just buy one and paint it".. what's all that's invovled, with say painting a guitar a neon color?
get some spray paint,,,,there you go...crazy paint gob
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
i think it takes a bit more than a can of spray to paint a guitar. and plus, i dont think he was "dissing" Zakk Wylde, i think he was merely pre-judgin the matter that everyone on here is a big fan and that he would rathe omit those results in order to keep his very own horizons open ... I would say just get a cheap jackson or something, some of those red or blue see-thru colors are pretty nice, and EPS's have some nice colors that arnt the usual "boring" guitar colors, and I dont want to be bashing other peoples style in guitars, i am jsut putting forth my asked for opinion.

p.s.
there is no use in you guys getting your panties in a bundle over a frase he used in his paragraph, come on, we are on a music forum, isnt music here to keep people cool and not gay like other people!
ESP LTDs have some cool as paint jobs, The Atreyu Ex with the revearse headstock and blood dripping and white is awesome the Lynchs, charvels still have some ok ones same with Jackson, the ones in bill and ted are actually custom painted gibsons for referance tho, gibson had a cool designer series in 84 you can find on Ebay thats about all i can think of
Honestly, I think big time production companies don't have the time for hot paint jobs anymore. Unless you consider something that can be screened off like the Schecters (RAF for example). I'd say the hottest you'll find is something with a super figured top.

All the custom paint work is just that, custom.

The moser shop gave me a laugh when I first went there, certainly a different vibe. I understand they are really good sounding/playing guitars though...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by amazingdm
and I'm not talking about silly shapes i'm talking about cool paint jobs with cool colors and nothing boring.. but yet still on good/respected guitars like Fenders and Gibsons

wait I take that back, not even on respected guitars
something cool for $50 even

if you're going to get a $50 guitar because it has a nice paint jub, you don't deserve to play guitar, at all.
Dickless.
Quote by amazingdm
Um why would I respect zakk wylde? and his circley-doo guitars? Sorry that guitar just isn't fitting my vision

Yeah, why would anyone respect Zakk Wylde.
The man is a great guitar player - deny that and I don't even think your opinion should count. You're not forced to like his music, you're not forced to do anything. But anyone with an IQ superior to 10 should aknowledge that the man is respect worthy, to say the least.
I come to find his... circley doo guitars pretty good looking. Can't comment on playability 'cause I've never played one, but that's not even a matter in this topic.
Speaking of which. There isn't market nowadays for fluorescent pink guitars nowadays. You like it, fine, good for you. The fact is, I don't, and most people don't as well. The 80's are over. Now, because I don't like those colors, it doesn't mean they're not cool. They aren't; but that's just me. I'm personally very fond of the Wangcaster, but you don't see me making a thread whining because it isn't a production model.
The guitars-that-can-be-seen-better-than-a-lighthouse era is over. You will have to pay extra to get those colors.
So please. Spare us all from your arrogance and bitchiness. Pretty please... with sugar on top.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Last edited by jmag at Jun 29, 2006,
^ugly man, Ugly

but yeah some flamed, see-thru, figured look the best....IMO Black Cherry (ltd)(Schecter)

umm,, those jcksons have the skulls and graveyard and junk but its like 300 dollars more, the only way to get a custom paint job...is to get it done, or do it yourself
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
have you seen eric claptons new strat...coolest paint job ever.could somone find a pic and post it i dont know how....im a com. idiot
Quote by jmag
The man is a great guitar player - deny that and I don't even think your opinion should count. You're not forced to like his music, you're not forced to do anything. But anyone with an IQ superior to 10 should aknowledge that the man is respect worthy, to say the least.

Not really, he's pretty sloppy and predictable, a "great" player should be more than that *cough*Greg Howe*cough*.

Plus, he sticks his name on **** gear just for the sake of the money involved. I don't respect him that much for that.

Also, flourescent pink (and neon in general) guitars ARE cool, and there is considerable demand for them (trust me it's there, its just not here).
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Prophet of Page
Not really, he's pretty sloppy and predictable, a "great" player should be more than that *cough*Greg Howe*cough*.
Plus, he sticks his name on **** gear just for the sake of the money involved. I don't respect him that much for that.

Also, flourescent pink (and neon in general) guitars ARE cool, and there is considerable demand for them (trust me it's there, its just not here).

lol..

Howe is amazing.... Along with plenty others who are way better than Zakk.... Derryl Gabel, Frank Gambale, Becker , Macalpine, Batio.... Man those guys rip him apart.

I respect his real early work, but the guys an asshole, and i agree with prophet.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by jmag
I come to find his... circley doo guitars pretty good looking. Can't comment on playability 'cause I've never played one, but that's not even a matter in this topic.
Speaking of which. There isn't market nowadays for fluorescent pink guitars nowadays. You like it, fine, good for you. The fact is, I don't, and most people don't as well. The 80's are over. Now, because I don't like those colors, it doesn't mean they're not cool. They aren't; but that's just me. I'm personally very fond of the Wangcaster, but you don't see me making a thread whining because it isn't a production model.
The guitars-that-can-be-seen-better-than-a-lighthouse era is over. You will have to pay extra to get those colors.
So please. Spare us all from your arrogance and bitchiness. Pretty please... with sugar on top.

thats a bit hypocritical isnt it really

you begin by making a stand for free choice and respect of peoples tastes

then come and moan at him because he wants to find something he likes for a little cheaper

if you dont want to take part, theres a little button up there, click it once, and your off the thread, done. so leave him alone to what he wants to do
Quote by Cmogi10
O? You're talking about tacky and ugly? Talk to Ed Roman.

Nah, not what he's on about at all.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Old Ibanez RGs from the 90s had awesome neon colours if Im informed correctly.. Now theyre out of production.. and they have the not-so-adventurous blues and greys.. But who knows! Next year is Ibanez's something-something anniversary (20 years ?) and they might come with some kick ass new models, you never know..
Reminds me of a comment by a Gibson exec saying they've come up with loads of great designs for guitars but no-one will buy an acoustic if it doesn't look like a Martin etc
Quote by jmag

A man does not get my respect by being a decent player alone...he's a **** head in genera
Quote by andyroo_g
thats a bit hypocritical isnt it really

you begin by making a stand for free choice and respect of peoples tastes

then come and moan at him because he wants to find something he likes for a little cheaper

if you dont want to take part, theres a little button up there, click it once, and your off the thread, done. so leave him alone to what he wants to do

If I didn't want to take part, I wouldn't have posted.
I didn't "moan" at him because he wanted something he likes for a little cheaper. I told him that there wasn't market enough for what he wanted (I assume, if this isn't true, then I stand corrected) and that therefore there was no need to bitch about it.
And Zakk Wylde is indeed an asshole, that's completely true. That's a big downpoint on my consideration for him. And yes, of course, he isn't the greatest guitarist of all time. But his playing does deserve some respect... Kind of like Yngwie, that guy's a complete twat, and scores negative points as far as being a good person goes. But that doesn't make him a bad player. A bit repetitive, but still.

Talking about Yngwie, I saw a video of Black Star live on YouTube... For fuck's sake, couldn't the guy just play the song and leave the wankery aside. Search for it and you'll see what I mean... He just kept on shredding to such an extent that the song lost all it's magic. And that's one of my favorite songs.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Last edited by jmag at Jun 29, 2006,
Honestly I don't respect someone for just being good at shredding (I know he can play other ****), in fact it's the opposite.

Anyway someone does need to post that new Clapton strat
The Gibson Hendrix V is obviously nice. They should do an SG in the Fool guitar colour scheme - that's a kickass instrument.
Yngwie Malmsteen seems like a complete idiot.

and hes not even that good a guitarist in my very humble opinion, other than the fact that he can play fast and toss his guitar off
Quote by andyroo_g
Yngwie Malmsteen seems like a complete idiot.

and hes not even that good a guitarist in my very humble opinion, other than the fact that he can play fast and toss his guitar off

i dont even know what to say to that
oh are you talking about dean and bc rich? the ugliest guitars on the planet?
i dont like crazy ass decorated guitars
just one color, and a nice shape, no insane random spikes all oevr like a bc rich or a massive headstock
Quote by jmag

everyone seems to be quoting this guy, i dont know why, i just thought id jump on the bandwagon
i thought this was a thread about guitar's looks, not zakk wylde and if he is overrated or not hes a sell out
who advertises a marshall MG microstack and says that its overdrive is "crushing" and the clean tone is "amazing"?!
Last edited by Aftter-Forever at Jun 29, 2006,
i mean ye, his speed is impressive, but 2 of my 3 main guitar heroes (hendrix, page and slash) do not really have impressive speed (hendrix and slash). what theyre brilliance is is the abillity they have to express in their guitar playing, and melody. give me that over guitar wanking any day.

sorry if thats not what you meant j20strat
Quote by j120strat
still waiting for that clapton guitar photo

My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

now thats a great paint job,everyone stop bickering and look at that guitar,thats what this thread is about.
Page 1 of 2