Hello everyone. I am looking for a fast metal guitar with a floyd rose installed. Im pretty much inexperienced when it comes to purchasing a new guitar. There are a few guitars I have been looking at, but im not quite sure on what to get. My Spending range is from 300-700+. If you could recommend anything at all please tell me and I will be sure to look into the product. Thank you all for your time.

C-1 Schecter Hell Raiser
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=513105

Schecter Damien FR Electric Guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513103
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Try the Ibanez RG1570, but it's important to try it out first because the super thin Wizard neck might not be your thin. It's $750 on Musicians Friend. What kind of amp do you have?
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
I own a Roland Cube 60.

ESPs? the LTD F series looks alrite if you look at the one that costs 999 bucks on their website.
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
DUDE, i was in this same place about half a year ago, and the best guitar fot the money is a Jackson DKMG or DXMG. they have a floyd, but not the one thats on the Ibanez's that can go out of tune easy...i use the jackson for my progressive/thrash.black metal band and it works great...they range from 499 to 750
Are you telling me a Licensed Floyd Rose is better than an Edge Pro??? The RG1570 has an EDGE PRO, which is IMO better than an OFR. DKMG has LFR...get your facts straight, Ibanez is the ultimate in metal guitars.
See if you can afford a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR. It's the same as the Hellraiser, but it's got an OFR. It's like $800
I think we should ask him if he needs a trem or not lol...just hit me.
Probably go for an Ibanez, or one of those schecters, but I think (from what I've been told) that the necks on schecters aren't anywhere near as nice as those on Ibanez RG's/S's. Predictably enough, I'd say go try 'em all out.
Well, I did try out the C-1 Schecter Hell Raiser yesterday at my local guitar shop and the neck felt a bit wide. I was still able to play fine on it, but im am used to playing my Les Paul with its thin neck. I will see if the shop has any of those guitars you guys listed. Thanks for your time guys.

Quote by theDecieved1
DUDE, i was in this same place about half a year ago, and the best guitar fot the money is a Jackson DKMG or DXMG. they have a floyd, but not the one thats on the Ibanez's that can go out of tune easy...i use the jackson for my progressive/thrash.black metal band and it works great...they range from 499 to 750

Never speak again noob.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Nelsean
my Les Paul with its thin neck

You mean thick.

Right?
I second the Hellraiser FR, another option is the Ibanez S470 with a pup change, it has the ZR trem which supposedly is excellent, mahogany body, wizard II neck which should still be thinner than the schecters, and only about $500, leaving a good amount of cash to install some EMG's, Duncans or Dimarzios depending on what your personal taste is.
Yeah, it would make sense that he said the necks are wide on the Schecters and thin width on LPs. I found no issue playng on my Schecter (when I had it) as it had a nice, fast, Satin finished neck, but I love my Artcore's neck for the thinner width. Maybe a little thicker, but smaller width.
Haven't had any trouble with my Ibanez RG2EX2 (Guitar Center Exclusive). It's been a kick ass guitar for $300:
Attachments:
100_1630.JPG
100_1629.JPG
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
oic, they make one with an edge trem for $450.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music