I just got an Omen 6 today from Musicians Friend, and I had read plenty of reviews that said it was easy to scratch. Well it came factory fresh with several scratches on it. I called MF and told them about the scratches and told them I wanted to try it out a few days before I make up my mind.

My question is, Do the more expensive Schecters like the C1 in black scratch as easily? The one I am interested in is the Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=518187

Are the pickups on the C1 Artist LE Designed by or are they REAL Seymour Duncans. The website says 2 different things. On the compare page it says Duncan designed and on the product page it says USA Seymour Duncan pickups: JB at the bridge, '59 at the neck.

And also if anyone has the Blue Omen 6, does it scratch as easily as the Black Model.

Thanks!
My friend got a C-1 (I think) in matte black.

It looks nice, and it doesn't have any noticeable scratches (although he's only had it for a little over a month).

So I can't help you with that finish, but if you want to be on the safe side, go for matte.

Hope I could help.
Speaking of Matt black or Satin black. I came very close to buying one of the Schecter Damien guitars. Great looking guitars, didn't care for the inlays tho, Bats. I like DOTS for inlays. DOTS. No fancy schtuff.
the artist is good cept the binding covers the fret markers on the side of the guitar so playing live is a bit touch... i got the artist left handed.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
i have the schecter c1 elite in gloss black...i havent had any scratches on it
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Thanks. I still have plenty of time to play this guitar before I decide whether to keep it send it back. Right now, I have no Idea what I am gonna do.
i dont think the C series does, omen is basswood. its genereally softer then the C-1's mahogany.
C-1's dont scratch...and the pickups in the artist series are real Duncans, not duncan designed
Go get your shovel.
c-1s dont get like deep scratches but they fine scratch like a biotch. ^^ subway ftw
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Last edited by bodomfan666 at Jan 23, 2007,
Quote by vanzant38

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=518187

Are the pickups on the C1 Artist LE Designed by or are they REAL Seymour Duncans. The website says 2 different things. On the compare page it says Duncan designed and on the product page it says USA Seymour Duncan pickups: JB at the bridge, '59 at the neck.
Thanks!

Thats what I'd like to know too. I play hard rock, blues and some jazz, and one of the only reasons I'm looking at this model is because of the apparent versatility and quality of the pickups. Are they real SDs?
yes they're real SD's, and im definitely considering the c-1 artist as well, but i have no idea if the JB's could pump out a decent metal tone, i've heard they're used a lot for lighter rock and blues, but im not sure.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
thanks a lot! I have a line6 PODxt live, so perhaps that could solve the 'metal tone' issue. lets see.