Johnny Cash - A Hundred Highways: American V - 3rd July 2006 - LostHighway

Royksopp - Royksopp's Night Out: Live EP - 3rd July 2006 - Wall of Sound

Thom Yorke - The Eraser - 10th July 2006 - XL

Greg Graffin - Cold as the Clay - 11th July 2006 - Epitaph

Sebadoh - III - 10th July 2006 - Domino

Sufjan Stevens - The Avalanche - 11th July 2006 - Asthmatic Kitty

Razorlight - Self titled - 17th July 2006 - Mercury

The Pipettes - We Are The Pipettes - 17th July 2006 - Memphis Industries

James Dean Bradfield - The Great Western - 24th July 2006 - *cough*Columbia*cough*

Say Hi To Your Mom - Impeccable Blahs - 25th July 2006 - Euphobia Music (BMI).

Jurassic 5 - Feedback - 25th July 2006 - JVC Victor

Joan of Arc - Eventually All at Once - 25th July 2006 - Record Label

Joan of Arc - The Intelligent Design of... - 25th July 2006 - Polyvinyl

--------

Please, please feel free to recommend some others cos there's no way I'll be able to find them all, but don't recommend ones that have already been said.

We appreciate your input.

Thanks again.

Thanks guys.
Great idea Jono
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
some of these might be hard though, with different release dates for you guys overseas and for us in the states.
Did you edit my post?

jon edit: sorry! trying to make it a list, rather than have loads of posts with lots of stuff in. i thought'd be easier! sorry!

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic

RateYourMusic
can you count the mars voltas new cd which comes out august 22nd or bloc party's new cd which comes out some time in july or august as well...
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Greg Graffin (of Bad Religion) has a folk album coming out on the 11th. It doesn't sound too bad from what I've heard of it.
^ I got a postcard about that the other day...

"Cold as the Clay - Bad Religion singer Greg Graffin reaches into his family roots to create a heart-rending collection of old-timey American folk tunes complete with authentic string band plus reflective originals."

Back by The Weakerthans. Also features Jolie Holland.

I took a listen to the first couple of tracks on his myspace after getting it and it sounded alright, not one I'm personally rushing for though - mainly because I've gone completely overboard these month.

RateYourMusic
^ Yeah, it's not mindblowing, it's just a good, solid record. A punk to folk transition could turn out a lot worse, that's for sure. I can't say I'm in a huge tizzy to get it either, just thought there would be some that would find it interesting.

Almost forgot the link: Greg Graffin - Cold as the Clay
Sorry John, updated the post a bit, hope you don't mind.

RateYourMusic
Wow, all these apologies towards each other, they're in every second post

This is a real good idea for a thread actually, I've seen a bit about a few of these, but some I would never have noticed were it not fot for this thread.

In other news, Razorlight couldn't think up two album titles before they resorted to a self titled one (suck asses) and as much as I like Bjork, I could never listen to seven CD's of the crazed bitch, haha. Oh, and no reccomendations, sorry ( )
Jono is a standard nickname for someone with the name John/Jonathan, so no, I meant Jono

Quote by Abe
as much as I like Bjork, I could never listen to seven CD's of the crazed bitch, haha. Oh, and no reccomendations, sorry ( )

Yeah, I think that's something for collectors, but just thought it was amazing and I want it, but no way is it something I'd spend £60 on (or however much they were asking).

RateYourMusic
^Yeah, £59.99. Deserves another 'wow' in itself I believe.

Good value for seven CD's, but it's 60 quid isn't it, and who wants to spend 60 quid on 7 CD's?
^ Glad to hear it, expect it more often
I'm thinking this idea should possibly take over from the idea of the AOTW and people can post mini reviews (or big reviews if they can be assed) of the new releases if they want in the thread. That way you might end up with multiple opinions about a band/album and not necessarily get people recommending them 100%.

Quote by Abe
^Yeah, £59.99. Deserves another 'wow' in itself I believe.

Good value for seven CD's, but it's 60 quid isn't it, and who wants to spend 60 quid on 7 CD's?

7 CDs and 7 DVDs (even though they're on the same disc), so I guess it is a bargain in some ways, just can't see many people going out and buying it, only hardcore Bjork fans or older people with a bit of money wanting to check her stuff out.

RateYourMusic
*sets alarm for early tomorrow morning*

I need ma Thom
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
'The Eraser' is alright, listening to it now and not exactly excited by it so far...

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
'The Eraser' is alright, listening to it now and not exactly excited by it so far...

There are a few songs that are great, but most of the album is pretty mediocre. The songs just kind of drone on and on. I just want Radiohead to release their new one.
Why bother make a July release thread, according to my leak schedule the new thing I will be needing is mewithoutYou's new Brother, Sister coming out September 26th. Everything else has already leaked ages ago, like The Eraser.
Mars Volta and Cursive already leaked, there is basically nothing to look forward to until mwY I think
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
well,

its for people who want to wait for the proper version and things.

i know things leak.

im not dumb, mate

its just for physical things, for people who actually want to own the cd rather than pawn off the artist by mooching their music from them

(that sounded harsh, it wasnt meant to be )
Leaks are for looooooooosers and you knows it.

RateYourMusic
Yeah well while I listen to the Cursive album two months early, I can't see how I'm NOT winning out in the end.
BTW new Cursive is amazing I will be buying the CD when it comes out.
Quote by Knife2aGunFight
Yeah well while I listen to the Cursive album two months early, I can't see how I'm NOT winning out in the end.

But where's the fun in buying a CD and listening to it for the first time?
That's why artists have release dates, that's when they want you to listen to it. They don't want you to listen to it when some "music critic" gets ahold of a promo, they want you to listen to it whilst enjoying the artwork, enjoying all of the effort they, and a bunch of others, have put into creating their work.

In my opinion, downloading leaks shows no respect for the effort an artist has put into something. So you can get it a month or two early, who cares? If an artist really wants you to go and download a sh*t quality version of their album then they'd do an internet only release and put it out on the day that they send out the promos, but they don't.

RateYourMusic
^ No, definitely not. I'm looking forward to that very much. The new Owen album as well, but since they aren't coming out in July they don't really apply to this thread.
Quote by slinks
^ No, definitely not. I'm looking forward to that very much. The new Owen album as well, but since they aren't coming out in July they don't really apply to this thread.

Yes they are. I put them on pre-order last week.
God knows when the Owen one is coming though.

RateYourMusic
Page 1 of 2