Page 1 of 2
Howdy all. I had a bit of free time this morning, so I plugged in my webcam and made a pretty youtube thingy, of me playing metal (ish) on my Vox AD60VT.

I'll be happy to answer any questions, or record any tones you're curious about.

This one was done on UK '80s with my JB-equipped Ibanez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ14-LvkHuE

EDIT oh and turn your speakers up, my mic is real quiet.

UPDATE!
Second clip, "Nu-Metal tone" is up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjYD507Cqes
Last edited by Danno13 at Jun 30, 2006,
"Lots of ducktape isn't it pretty"

Yea it sounded very nice. Vox FTW!
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Last edited by CodySG at Jun 29, 2006,
Awsome man. Sounds great. What were the settings on, on the UK 80 amp? Did you say it was all at 10 I couldnt quite hear that. And any effects or anything else?
Danno, what is like the highest the gain goes, like can the vox handle say stuff like seether,trivium,avenged sevenfold?
Cody:

call1800: Yeah, all the knobs were dimed except master volume. No effects, but I think the mic picked up a bit of reverb.

d_Byrne: It could do Avenged and Seether quite comfortably, but you'd need more volume to get Trivium tones. I find the louder the Master is set, the more percievable gain it gets.

The Recto, US Higain, UK 90s and UK Modern amps all have more gain than the UK 80s, but they don't saturate as well IMO.
If you look to the right, theres a video with a guy that looks like your avatar.
ok a couple of things :

- great sound coming out of that thing
- wtf are you mumbling about in the beginning?
- why don't we get to see your face?
- does your cable roll up like that too all the time?

more people should do this kind of stuff...
Quote by JorisBlack
ok a couple of things :

- great sound coming out of that thing
- wtf are you mumbling about in the beginning?
- why don't we get to see your face?
- does your cable roll up like that too all the time?

more people should do this kind of stuff...

hes talking about his ibanez, hes on the UK80s amp with all of the knobs at 10. he then says he is going to proove the Vox AD60 can do metal..

i want to see your face too lol. its fun to see what people look like that you see posting everyday. but i know for security reasons most people dont like to post their face.
Turn your speakers up!

Anyway, my lines were: "Well, this is the third time I'm trying this. Anyway, this is my Ibanez GRX40, Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, lots of duct tape isn't it pretty. There in the back is my Vox AD60VT amp. Right now it's set to the UK 80s setting, all knobs turned to ten except the master volume because, well, let's face it, it's still a solid-state amp. Anyway, I'll be trying to prove that Voxes can indeed play metal. So to make it a little easier on myself I'll just play a bunch of random powerchords. For details, PM me and I'll re-record, record something else, play classic rock, whatever."

I don't really want to post my face online, but I may end up starring in a later video if there's enough demand .

And yes, my cord is crap.
More More More More More More WithYourFace More More More More More More...

Everybody chant with me...

I like sound clips of amps and stuff so if you want to record more clips, im sure everyone will like.
I'd like other people to do it as well, especially Dave(_MC) and Eric (Ibanez4life SZ!)

Since they have awesome amps.

Or edg, but he's cliche.
very cool Danno, sounded good from what I could hear, but it was tough for me to get any volume at all on my computer. Any way to make it a bit louder?

your fans are demanding a sequel!
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I can't make it louder, sorry. I'll work on mic placement for part II (it won't be soon, though, I'll be taking a 3-week vacation starting tomorrow)

Anyone who has a webcam with a mic (or other way of make video) feel free to make another BLAM! Gar! *dies* thread. I'd love to see what you've all got!
I do but my amp is a crate gt65, i have a nice guitar, but its hardly worth turning the mic on to hear the POS amp lol..hey danno can u record some sound bytes of like a nu metal tone out of the vox and PM when done plz, thanks id appriciate it
I'm not too great at nu-metal...

Could you give me a riff to learn or something? I'll try to do it tonight.
Quote by Danno13
Anyone who has a webcam with a mic (or other way of make video) feel free to make another BLAM! Gar! *dies* thread. I'd love to see what you've all got!

I made a little webcam vid a while back when I got my Framus. It does the amp no justice though, not to mention some sloppy wankage. You get a view of my pissed off morning face though, lol.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
but I don't have the right plugin to watch it...

Any chance of a Take 2?

SIDENOTE: Nu-metal recording finished... well, OK, it's not actually nu-metal, it's Pantera, but I used a nu-metal tone. Now just waiting for the upload.
Quote by Danno13
I'm not too great at nu-metal...

Could you give me a riff to learn or something? I'll try to do it tonight.

even just some palm mutes and chuggy riffs, like even power chords
Quote by Danno13
but I don't have the right plugin to watch it...

Any chance of a Take 2?

lol, you're not missing much, believe me.

I actually have plans to do some demos of my amps and guitars next month. I'm in the process of moving right now, so no clips for a whlie unfortunately. However, I got a real mic and preamp, so I can finally use something better than a webcam.
amp clips
amp vids
^Good!

Actually, next month would be perfect, as that's when I get back.

Feel free to use BLAM! Gar! *dies as the title. We should make this a series to rival Steal This Video!
Hey guys Danno and stuff. I just finished uploading clips of my Marshall BluesBreaker overdrive pedal build. I didnt do any heavy things or anything with other amp overdrive, but I have the sound/video clips on my Marshall BluesBreaker pedal build forum. If you go into my sig and click the link for the BluesBreaker and go to page 2, theres some soundclips. All it is, is the pedal, my amp, and my guitar, no other effects.
cool pedal build man, looks like it was a fun project! By the sounds of the clips, it was well worth it too.

Quote by Danno13
^Good!

Feel free to use BLAM! Gar! *dies as the title. We should make this a series to rival Steal This Video!

Danno, sounds like a plan
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jun 29, 2006,
Quote by Danno13
I don't see it.

Meh, just realized the videos on the right are random.
Oh yea and some more clips. These are with my Hartke GT60C, PRS Custom 24, and Korg Toneworks AX3000G:

Crazy Train (Awsome tone I made that sounds like a Rectifier or some really dark and heavy metal amp. I stopped halfway through the solo because I didnt want to mess up the clip by messing up the solo, which was stupid, because stopping in the middle of it made it worse...): http://media.putfile.com/Crazy-Train-48

Little Wing (Another awsome clean 12-string acoustic tone I made): http://media.putfile.com/Little-Wing-50-81

Sweet Child O Mine (Tone I made, and some wah in the solo): http://media.putfile.com/Sweet-Child-O-Mine-19

Voodoo Child (I love this tone too. The wah sounds pretty Hendrixy at the begining): http://media.putfile.com/Voodoo-Child-54
Quote by Mascot
Meh, just realized the videos on the right are random.

now I want to see it! Danno's avatar used to creep me out, it looks like one of Santa's sociopathic helpers.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
cool pedal build man, looks like it was a fun project! By the sounds of the clips, it was well worth it too.

Danno, sounds like a plan

Thanks! It was well worth it. The sound clips dont even make it sound as good as it is. It sounds great with other overdrive too though (amp overdrive, and my Korg Tonework's overdrive). It wasnt an easy build, but it was my first build so if I can pull it off, I guess you guys could. Make sure to check my next build out. Its a suprise what its going to be, but I ordered the parts so it should be started by next week!
yeah, didn't look easy at all, nice job man. Eventually, I would love to build a little tube amp like Pink did, that thing looks like it would be completely kickass for some great blues tones. Where did you get your schematic for the bb?

:stickpoke how about a hint on the upcoming project?
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I made a little webcam vid a while back when I got my Framus. It does the amp no justice though, not to mention some sloppy wankage. You get a view of my pissed off morning face though, lol.

Your tone is amazing for metal stuff man!
Is it a Framus Dragon or a Cobra (I'm guessing the Cobra, but I'm not sure).
And what guitar is that anyway?

One thing : how the hell do you hit that last high pitched note?
thanks man, you're right, it's a Cobra. The guitar is an RG1570 with EMG 81/SA/85. That last thing was just a good ol Dimebag squeel. Push down on the bar, use your middle finger to fret the harmonic, and your index finger to pluck the string. Then pull the bar back up and wank away.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
yeah, didn't look easy at all, nice job man. Eventually, I would love to build a little tube amp like Pink did, that thing looks like it would be completely kickass for some great blues tones. Where did you get your schematic for the bb?

:stickpoke how about a hint on the upcoming project?

The schematic and layout I got from General Guitar Gadgets. For this pedal though, if you build it, get a bigger board than the medium ones that are on Small Bear Electronics. It was soooo hard to build this pedal on such a small board!

Ok a hint... Well its 4 pedals in 1 box. Its different variations of the pedal for different sounds. It will have 1 input, 1 output, a rotary switch to switch between the 4 boards, and 2 pots/knobs for each so I can leave settings on each. Just check the Customizing forum next week and hopefully I will have what pedal, and pics of parts and stuff.
^sounds great man, I'll be keeping an eye out. No idea what you're building, but it sounds sick!

Quote by Danno13
SIDENOTE: Nu-metal recording finished... well, OK, it's not actually nu-metal, it's Pantera, but I used a nu-metal tone. Now just waiting for the upload.

Danno, linky for the Pantera vid?
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
thanks man, you're right, it's a Cobra. The guitar is an RG1570 with EMG 81/SA/85. That last thing was just a good ol Dimebag squeel. Push down on the bar, use your middle finger to fret the harmonic, and your index finger to pluck the string. Then pull the bar back up and wank away.

ah I see
never tried that kind of harmonics before (and I wouldn't use them anyway )

If I get a new guitar I'll try to record some mp3's...a video would be difficult but who knows
Quote by Erock503
Danno, linky for the Pantera vid?

As soon as possible, man. Youtube's screwing up, I'm only at 20% right now.
Quote by Danno13
As soon as possible, man. Youtube's screwing up, I'm only at 20% right now.

ouch, ok, I'll keep my eye out then, thanks bro.

Quote by JorisBlack
ah I see
never tried that kind of harmonics before (and I wouldn't use them anyway )

If I get a new guitar I'll try to record some mp3's...a video would be difficult but who knows

wow, I didn't see your link before man, very cool band page and vid. That looks like it was a lot of fun!
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Danno13
^Good!

Danno gives Neon Knight and idea

Video reviews on UG, ala guitar world or whatever.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2