What I ask is which are the MOST important ones? For me, there must be a wah and a distortion.. I dont usually need chorus or flange..

What are the most important pedals for you?
distortion/overdrive, wah, flanger
Joe Walsh = one of the best legends in the history of the world.
heheheheh!!!!!

damn, wheres the eagles avatar?
Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Ring Modulator, Talk Box, Wah, Auto Wah, Distortion, Overdrive, Reverb, Octaver, Volume Pedal.

I like effects

Nah, just joshin. I would say Wah, Chorus, Flange and MAYBE a Octaver. Overdrive HAS to come from the amp.
What MUST be in a pedal board?

Nothing.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by CoreysMonster
Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Ring Modulator, Talk Box, Wah, Auto Wah, Distortion, Overdrive, Reverb, Octaver, Volume Pedal.

I like effects

Nah, just joshin. I would say Wah, Chorus, Flange and MAYBE a Octaver. Overdrive HAS to come from the amp.

nah distortion comes from amp, i always use pedal overdrive to boost the amp distort, which gives it a hell of a kick, part from that id say: noise gate, Eq and maybe flange. My amp has a srping reverb in it but if ure amp doesnt have one id say thats a must.
Last edited by Atreideslegend at Jun 29, 2006,
A wah and a good quality noise gate. I don't like effects.
*Blah blah blah my soul to take*
why do people say reverb?

is that really one of the most necessary effects? it adds a nice shimmer to slow lines but basically it's lost as soon as the band starts playin.

your audience is never goin to hear your reverb unless your doin an emotive lead line and even at that it's hardly 'essential' is it?
Quote by controlfreak
why do people say reverb?

is that really one of the most necessary effects? it adds a nice shimmer to slow lines but basically it's lost as soon as the band starts playin.

your audience is never goin to hear your reverb unless your doin an emotive lead line and even at that it's hardly 'essential' is it?

I love reverb. Not a lot, but a tasteful amount. And yeah, it makes a difference, especially if you have a quality spring reverb. I think a low amount gives your sound a bit of depth. Another trick is to accentuate the reverb effect by adding a delay pedal on a very fast setting. You can almost fake reverb if you tweak it right and it sounds kind of cool.

As far as my essentials: nothing. I have 6 or 7 FX pedals but they hardly ever get used. I'm definitely a guitar --> amp --> speaker kind of guy.
Hi, I'm Peter
wah and delay for sure. Also i might include an overdrive if im soloing alot
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Delay, Chorus, Overdrive/distortion

why does everyone say wah?

its not like you'd be lost without it...
Quote by JET116
why does everyone say wah?

its not like you'd be lost without it...

My only response to that...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA???
Hi, I'm Peter
Wah makes a huge difference if you are soloing thats the reason but delay..
You absolutely cant riff heavy with delay nor solo.. Than where would you use delay?
ask U2 and Radiohead

wah is a cool trick to color your sound every now and then....not a necessity on any pedal board