I don't know if this is the right forum for it, but how would I go about lowering my action, i.e. string height? It's just too high for my liking.

I know I have to adjust the truss rod, but exactly how do I do it? I've tried, but it doesn't really make much of a difference. Oh, and I have a strat-style truss adjustment.
well, with a strat style truss, on either side of the dip for the string (cant think of another way to describe), there are little allenkey slots, and they control the action. all you need to do is to get an allen key to them and lower the action to your choice
Isn't the truss rod used to adjust neck angle? Don't touch that unless you aboslutely have to.
yer the truss rod isnt ment for action- its just keeping the neck straight. You need to adjust the bridge and maybe the nut

Playing around with your truss rod can brake your guitar's neck
*Blah blah blah my soul to take*
OK. Thanks. I'll have a look at the bridge, or else I might be forced to take it to a pro.