What was suppose to be a test session turned out to be one of our best recordings ever. Since the real version has that spacey sound to it, I thought it would be difficult to recreate it acoustically with a similar feel, but I suprised myself.

I do all the guitar work in the song, and my buddy Rick (who's 50) does the main and backup vocals. If you listen closely towards the end, you can even hear Rick's cat chime in with some percussion from the litterbox Later, I plan to add some keyboard, and change a few things. Thanks for listening!

Speed of Sound Full Acoustic
yer thats pretty nice, i'm not the greatest coldplay fan, but i think you've done a good job there, very mellow. what did u record with?
I have an M-Audio Mobile Pre, but we're still working some bugs out with overdubbing. So we just plugged straight into the computer with a dinky computer mic and used Audacity.

Thanks for the comment! I figured not many people would want to listen since it's Coldplay, but I appreciate your time to check it out.
No worries man its neat.

I'm amazed you got such clarity with that method of recording... very cool.
Hey and some of those other tracks are also pretty cool, stick at it and write some more stuff
wanna know why I know your gay?

cause you listen to coldplay lol

just messin'
Worship Mark Tremonti!
WhiteStripesIII - Wow, somebody else who listens to Coldplay

AaronGuitar - Haha. I was going to say in the original post that I wasn't gay lol

Thanks Everyone! Keep the feedback coming!
i love coldplay! :]
your cover was pretty good. although the higher parts ("all that noise, all that sound", etc) were quite off...
anyway, good work!
i don't really like ratings, but i'd give u a 7 out of 10

btw. check out my coldplay cover! (link in sig)
Hey nice job! One suggestion, I think it would sound much better if you played the main riff over rhythm chords instead of just the riff itself; it gives it that much more impact since it is the "hook" of the song. I quite like the guitar work in the chorus. As someone else mentioned, the pre-chorus is very rough and could use some tuning up. Overall, good job, Coldplay is my favorite band!
Quote by drlimb
Hey nice job! One suggestion, I think it would sound much better if you played the main riff over rhythm chords instead of just the riff itself; it gives it that much more impact since it is the "hook" of the song. I quite like the guitar work in the chorus. As someone else mentioned, the pre-chorus is very rough and could use some tuning up. Overall, good job, Coldplay is my favorite band!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
coldplay - one of the greatest song writing bands in the past century...people should never be ashamed to listen to such a great band, i really loved your chorus, i loved how you layered your acoustic (or at least i thought it sounded like it lol) it sounded very intricate, you caught the mood very well, hmm things to improve on...never hurts to add a bit of reverb i guess, maybe add a bit more acoustic in the verses, cos they sounded a bare bare at times if i'm being picky. great job boss
Great quality recording. I really like the guitar composition, however I couldn't stand your voice, which is just me, so overall great recording
wow, I don't know too much about coldplay but that was very nice I can't really say anything that hasn't been said before, but the voice had a little 60's...um...zeppelin + acid rock + oasis feel to it which was AWESOME. if you can hit those notes on the bridge you'd have nailed the song (and perhaps even an improvement over the original hehe, don't get me wrong there's nothing with their style, but your acoustic version, to me, is more appealing than their usual 'instrumentally inundative' style

in my place is quite sweet too
I think it needs another guitar sticking to the rhythm behind it. Seems to be alot of starts and stops again a steady rhythm hanging out in the back would fix this too. guitar work is pretty good. Both vocals start out a bit shaky but come together better near the end. 7/10

Crit 4 Crit Please

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402729
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Last edited by dcoyle4040 at Jul 31, 2006,
Not much to say that hasnt already been said. Good cover, singings not too bad, guitar sounds great, good recording! Thumbs up from me
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
Wow! When I first posted I didn't think I was getting any love, but it's back from the dead with lots of feedback. I will for sure try to polish those parts up. The song was just kind of hard to do because all of the guitar is just me. The rhythm chords came off this site, but the tabs are a mixture with some improvision to what I thought sounded right. I've been messing with the chords on the keyboard so I'm going to work on giving the song that "ambience" feel. I also have a little effects pedal, so maybe I can do something with that.

Well, I guess we will work on it again, but start fresh. This was suppose to be goof but turned into something far greater. I'm at work right now, so i'll check you guys' stuff in a bit and let you know what I think.

We have better sound and equipment now.....so just wait for our next version of "In My Place" as well as more Coldplay. Thanks everybody.