Okay, this is a problem I have had for a while but haven't bothered looking into. My bass has reduced its output by around half for some reason. Would I be correct in assuming it is the pots? What is the method for fixing the problem myself (I'm too cheap to go to a guitar store). In case you need to know, it is an Ibanez SR200 (before they had the phat boost). The pots and stuff are all stored on the back of the body, so it aint no real hassle looking at them (don't have to take off the pickguard like some guitars).

Thanks in advance

I can pay you in unconventional ways!!!
It could be an amp problem. Does your amp have Pregain?
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
it doesn't have to do with the pots
see how far the pickup is from the strings
that is most likely the problem
if its too far down it doesn't pick up as much
thus the valume and gain are lower
also check the amp
runnin different guitars through it

Angus-
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
If you have one on your amp, check that the Pregain isn't turned down.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
It isn't the amp. It runs at half on everything I have tried it on. Can't be pickup height because I've never changed it, the thing certainly isn't active, and I was using a new lead that works fine with everything else. My other bass is a Dixon SG shaped bass from sometime in the 70's and it runs full volume and I regularly use a Tokai P Bass that is twice as loud when used in the same amp.

I can add that the volume controls are a little loose (not just the metal knobs) and if you push the neck volume all the way up a little past max I get a static buzz. That is why I have deduced that is the pots or wires (or maybe even the jack as a new thought).

Good try anyway, I didn't think about those before.
Quote by fleaflicker182
It isn't the amp. It runs at half on everything I have tried it on. Can't be pickup height because I've never changed it

yea but somtimes they fall by themselves
just look how close it is to the strings
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website