Okay I have two questions. My first is: Do I need a truss rod in the neck. I would build the neck so that I wouldn't have to adjust the action but what I mean is would I need one for support so the neck wouldnt snap or warp and my next question is does anyone know where I can find a fret calculator that doesn't use metrics.

Thanks
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I think a truss rod is necessary just to counteract the tension of the strings. And I think you'd need to adjust it even if you didn't want to change the action, just to get the correct relief. Don't know about the fret calculator.
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Yes you need a truss rod so that the neck won't warp.

There is a fret calculator in the one of the stickied threads at the top of the forum. The thread that says "getting started on customizing". I don't have excell so I don't know if it needs to be in metric or not but I've started using metric for my fretboards anyway because it's easier to measure.
Not taking any online orders.
The fret calculator attached to the "getting started on customizing" thread is in imperial (inches), but is in decimels.