Poll: new sting or new set
Poll Options
View poll results: new sting or new set
string
2 14%
set
12 86%
Voters: 14.
I broke my brother's high E string and he wants a new string, while I say he should get a new set.

his argument is that the string are flatwound .12 guage strings and they are a month old.

my argument is that while the new string ages, the other strings will age, making the old strings eventually sound like ****, but the new string not as much and the guitar will sound ****ed.
Last edited by 4string-tsurigi at Jun 29, 2006,
You're right. Get the whole new set so they all age at the same time. I try to keep my strings until there is a break but a month of constant playing sounds like time for a new set anyway.
Gear:
'03 American Fender Strat
Delta (Strat Copy) electric
Washburn D10SCE acoustic/electric
Fender Twin amp
Peavey Rage 158 practice amp
Voodoo Lab Superfuzz
Vox V847 Wah
MXR Distortion+
Line 6 Uber Metal
MXR Phase 90
Voodoo Lab Tremolo
Get him a new set. If he doesn't want a new set, just let him be, he'll realize later that he should have gotten the set.

But if you play it, shove him in a closet while you put a new set on.
Last edited by bassdrum at Jun 29, 2006,
oh, and the reason for this thread is that we were in an argument about it and I wanted to settle it by asking people who know more about music than him or I.
i generally keep two or three spare sets with me, and once one string goes, the whole set comes out. sure, its a little more pricey, but it's usually the high e string that goes, right? so if you're already buying a new set for that high e, then it comes out to cost the same anyway. sometimes, if im not gigging or anything for a while, i'll be cheap and not bother with the new set. but if you're showing other people what you're made of, you want to be playing on the best stuff
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
new set

fo shizzle
Quote by EvilMaxy
I shoved a crayola crayon up my ass.

Quote by Nelsean
I shoved my tesicals in a blender and masterbated.

superman's where its at....
Jesus pwns both
F*ck you max! if you want to buy .12 guage flat-wonds good for you!!!
(Signature Goes Here)