It has a tube in the preamp to give it a better tube sound, but it doesn't have full tube power. A full tube amp usually has around 6 tubes, I believe the Vox ADxxVTs only have 1.

You'd need a set of Power tubes and Preamp tubes for it to be a real tube amp.
a 30 watt can work as long as you dont drown your bass, other guitar or anything and make sure the drums dont dominate (even though drums freakin rock)
Quote by Vindication
Really? If you spill liquids on electronic devices, it messes them up?!

Enlighten us with your wisdom more, O grand and all-knowing BoomerSoooner!

Quote by CanadaHckyDude
kill her...that'll set you free

not sure
it actually has a poweramp tube. not a preamp tube. its poweramp tube is a 12ax7 tube though which is a preamp tube. this doesnt make it louder though. only gives a little bit of tube breakup at high volumes.
yes it works for a small gig my friend has one and hes done battle of the bands and a house party with it
you could hear him fine at the house party but you couldnt hear him at all at battle of the bands
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Get the 50w. It's a little louder, but more importantly, it's got a better speaker.
50 watt save up for it trust me you will love it more than the 30 and that thing is loud
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Hate to scrounge off your thread, but would 60 watts tube in a 2x12 be loud enough for a gig of about 300-500 people unmicced? It's a marshall jcm 600 which is a 60 watt 900 btw

Thanks

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

^ how big is the space

i did a 600 person gig with my peavey classic 30 and it handled it fine

but that was in a big school gym

so how big is the space?

and to the threadstarter, get the 50 watts its a better amp overall
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quite a small club... it's usually packed. And yes, I'd advise the ad50 as I nearly bought one before I came into some money which allowed me to get a 60 watt 2x12 MARSHALL tube amp lol... I'm such a smarmy bastard.

Good luck mate

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Dont you have to mic an amp to the pa to get over the other instruments anyway? I was thinking about either that vox you are talking about or a 65watt ss combo. I think the 30w would do fine.
"Hybrid" is a marketing gimmick. You won't get a tube sound with a hybrid.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Umm... I dont know about the thread starter but personally I'm getting a new guitar and I just need something to upgrade from my 10watt. I wont have much money after buying the guitar.
always better to spend extra on the amp. there's ur tone.

and dont worry about the TS this thread is plenty old
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011