I'm going to start over. I was a pure metal rhythm guitarist for several years. I liked my gain thick and juicey and loved playing chuggy God Forbid style riffs. Somethings happened to me now. I only use a little bit of gain and I've just discovered Jerryc and I'm learning Cannon by him and finding it so much fun. I've learned up to the sweep picking bit so far and I want to learn more. What other people use this kinda style? I want to be able to shred like a mother and play some music that will actually impress people and not just make them cry.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Metronome.

1-2-3-4 exercises

Then economy pick 3NPS scales ^v^ ^

Other exercises include chromatic exercices, and different types of alternate picking.

All with a metronome of course, your best friend.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Try www.theshredzone.com they have some pretty good lessons on learning how to shred and other stuff like that.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
^^ oo thanks for that it looks handy.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Listen to some Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, and John Pettrucci.
Those are some great examples of the shred genre.
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by ProjectDark
Listen to some Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, and John Pettrucci.
Those are some great examples of the shred genre.

It ain't a genre, it's a style.

Anyway, threadstarter, I suggest you post this in the shred forum as people know a lot more about it there.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Dude, metronome. The way I learn something hard to play is I break the song down into small parts, then I play with the metronome and get it memorized and gradually build up speed until it's not only fast, but accurate. Getting a metronome will really help in building finger dexterity, speed, and coordination.
My Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Washburn X50PROFE
Crate FXT120
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Line 6 Gear Box (for recording)

My Music
well you don't have to get all technical, he probably is aware of that. He's just learning Jerry C's adaptation.
Quote by BonnyTylerMoore
well you don't have to get all technical, he probably is aware of that. He's just learning Jerry C's adaptation.

Actually, I've come across plenty of unsuspecting people who thought he actually composed it.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
you idiot. Cannon rock is by Jerry C. Cannon in D/Pachelbel's Cannon is by Pachelbel...
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Quote by SpIkE27Z
you idiot. Cannon rock is by Jerry C. Cannon in D/Pachelbel's Cannon is by Pachelbel...

Quote by SpIkE27Z

stupid idiot, you are the bigger idiot

It is CANON!!! not cannon you idiot

CANON rock is transcribed from Pachelbel's Canon in D, which is also commonly refered to 'the Canon'

NOW GO BACK TO THE NEWBIE FORUM!
Quote by Invictious
stupid idiot, you are the bigger idiot

It is CANON!!! not cannon you idiot

CANON rock is transcribed from Pachelbel's Canon in D, which is also commonly refered to 'the Canon'

NOW GO BACK TO THE NEWBIE FORUM!

not to mention that Jerry C's version is in the key of D anyways, I think...
what were you guys talking about?
bananabananabanana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta *pie*

Quote by Bmm386
I think they should make a GTA paris in like 1795.
Your only goal is to feed your family and keep your horse alive.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
it hit the twin towers, not the pentagon, idiot