hey, i have been playin guitar 4 years now.I am left handed and find playing right handed acoustic guitars fine as this is how i have been taught to play, last year i purchased a electric guitar and have not made much progress playin with it ,does it matter if i am left handed and play right handed guitars?
well wouldnt the low e be at the bottom? (ive been playing guitar for 4 years as well
I Hate Wisconsin
jsut do whatever feels more comfortable to you, if you can play an acoustic, then i cant see why you wouldnt be able to play an electric
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Playing acoustic is just like playing electric, on the surface at least. You shouldn't have any trouble.
Do you play it like a right handed player? If you do then that is good since me father is left-handed and has trouble finding left-handed guitars. Anyways it shouldn't matter, but switching from acoustic to electric is a big thing since electrics are much easier to play since they have (well most of them) thinner necks, more ergonomic bodies, and a lot less string tension which makes fretting easier and doesn't take as much exertion. You will probably learn a little slower right now, but it will pay off in the end.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
it shuddnt b a problem becauseuz my cuzzin plays like that

Member #32 of Dunlop Pick Fan club PM gtrfrk123 to join

1st member of DR Strings are the best strings PERIOD! club PM CodySG to join

Member Of The Jackson/Charvel Owners Club
PM Tarzan_Man To Join
im the same thing threadstarter, im left handed and i play right handed, i find it easier to fret then if i were to play left handed
It can't be that weird playing like it, heck I'm the other way around I am right-handed and I play guitar lefty.
Quote by sully111
hey, i have been playin guitar 4 years now.I am left handed and find playing right handed acoustic guitars fine as this is how i have been taught to play, last year i purchased a electric guitar and have not made much progress playin with it ,does it matter if i am left handed and play right handed guitars?

it doesnt really make a difference, cept upstrokes would be downstokes, and vice versa. also i think tabs are upside down for you... not sure though
(im a lefty, but i have a left handed guitar. i also have a brain )
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
yes i just use lefts, and im lefty, being a lefty punishes you so much though, its SOOOO anoying!
yeh thanks guys thats why i chose to play right handed guitars because you pay less for right handed guitars , and no i do not play the guitar upside down lol, i play it normally its just that im left handed so me picking hand is weaker than my fretting hand.
I do the same thing (lefty playing right-handed guitars, fretting with left hand, picking/strumming with right). No I haven't had any problem switching from acoustics to electrics. In fact, electrics are easier to play because the action is lower.
Guitars: Carvin TL-60T, Carvin C750 Acoustic, Squier Strat w/Carvin C22B & AP11's, Alvarez-Yairi DY76 12-string, Eastman MD-605 Mandolin, Fender Mandocaster, Ibanez UKS-10 Ukulele
meh, Im left handed and i play right handed guitars just fine. Honestly, I dont think I'd know what to do with a left handed guitar if i was handed one >.<
well do you play left handed on a right handed guitar, or your left handed and you play right handed on a right handed guitar? im left handed but i play right handed, i turned out fine.