alright, so i got my Austin strat with the maple neck and fretboard and locking tuners and alder body...and i love it, the pickups even though they are single coil, are perfect, they beat my stock epi g-400 humbuckers to hell...but whenever my move the guitar back and forth fast i hear a click sound, at first i thught maybe my truss rod was somehow broken or something, but no, the sound sounds like its coming from the back of my tuners...what could this be?...they are broken cause i used them a bunch already (the factory didnt set them up so that they lock, so everytime i use the bar it goes out of tune)...its not a big deal, you get what you pay for...so what could make this little clicking noise?..i could bring it back to the shop, but they are way far away and i dont want to bring it in just for a small problem that doesnt affect the tone or anything, i ju st wanna know what it is
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

*oops i meant they arent broken, not they are
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Does it have a string tree? My dad replaced the neck on one of his old guitars and it had that same clicking sound, turned out to just be a useles part on the string tree. He took it off and havent had that noise again.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
what part?...and this may be n00bish but i have never heard of anything being called a string tree...what is it?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

if your going ot be a dick, why post at all?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Wow, two useless posts by two useless people.

Anyways.

Heres a pic of a string tree. Its that little piece holding down the high e and b strings. There was a loose washer under the one my dad put on, thats what was making the rattling/clicking noise.
My Gear:
Crate GT212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
ohhhhh well for **** sakes, i always hear people call that a string guide, not a string tree...and it doesnt sound like its coming from that, it seems like its coming from the inside of the back of the tuning pegs, and my E and A string posts are higher than all my othe strings, why is that?..is it mant to be that way?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Hmm...i'm not really sure whats making the noise then. If you can't figure it out, either live with it or take it to a shop. As for the higher posts, im not sure why they do that. A friend of mine just got a new set of locking tuners and 3 of em are taller than the other 3. Theres probably some expenation for it, but I dont know it.
My Gear:
Crate GT212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
alright thanks, and i have to bring it up to the shop again anyway cause at the factory some guy put on 2 volume and 1 tone, when its suppose to be 2 tone and 1 volume...so they said they would fix that for free...and ill get them to check out whats making that random noise
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

oh mon deiu!, turns out it was the string guide/string tree, or whatever you want to call it, how do i fix it?...tighten it?...loosen it?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn