Ive been playing guitar for a year and a half and have been writing riffs/licks since day one. Im now forming a band and although i have all these riffs/licks i dont know how to put them together to form songs and how to layout my songs.

Any info or help with this would be greatly appreciated. peace out
Think of a catchy intro, this will make the listener want to keep on listening. Then, if you want to keep it simple, just have a few other riffs, one for a verse, one for a chorus, bridge, then have an outro.

That is one of the most basic structures ever but it works.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
If you have trouble adding drums, bass etc. play one at a time and have someone come in when they feel like they can play along

If your having trouble putting your own things together then write solos chorus and the different musical tablature down then play when u feel the riff needs to come in with a melody
TRIVIUM

NEW Guitar

REDBLOODHOTSUGARCHILISEXPEPPERSMAGIK
First, try to have base chords. If you wish to play lead and rhythm in your band, you will need these. Play the chords behind for an intro, verse, solo, bridge, chorus, etc... Then use some of your licks and riffs to play over top of these chords as a lead. The chords are almost always being played unless you make an acception and play only lead for a few moments. All the advice I can pretty much give you is to use your riffs and such as a lead guitar while using chords which fit them behind. Remember that two guitars are not always needed. You can, if you want, cut out a lead or a rhythm wherever you like. A lot of times this happens during the chorus. Good luck.
well, there are no rules man. i'm not gonna tell ya, "ok, ALWAYS start with an intro with no drums, followed by verse, chorus, verse, etc..." if you have a bunch of riffs in the same key, there's no right or wrong way to put them together. just relax and have some fun! even if they're not in the same key or scale, you can still combine them. this would add some interesting flavor to your riffs and solos. also, changing timings in the middle of a song or something is something that could make your songs unique. as a Metallica fan, you could take fade to black as an example. the main chorus thing is a riff/solo thing. just be creative and original. if you do that, your music is guaranteed to shine through the heaps and heaps of unoriginal **** ot there.

good luck with the band bro!
Nirvana
Good Charlotte, Simple Plan
Quote by notoriousnumber
Think of a catchy intro, this will make the listener want to keep on listening. Then, if you want to keep it simple, just have a few other riffs, one for a verse, one for a chorus, bridge, then have an outro.

That is one of the most basic structures ever but it works.

And if you want, making somewhat of a musical fill between each of these makes the song just that much more fun and interesting so your instumentalists aren't all bored.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!