I've just noticed lately that instead of holding the pick between thumb and index finger like most people do, I've gotten into a habit of putting part of my middle finger on the pick ( the side with index finger) and I was wondering if there is any +/- on this?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Depends on if it helps u, I hold my pick different when im doin differnet things, and it helps me.
Do you like it
HARDER or Faster

PRESIDENT OF THE SIXPOUNDER WHEN I POUND HER
CLUB
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
I've just noticed lately that instead of holding the pick between thumb and index finger like most people do, I've gotten into a habit of putting part of my middle finger on the pick ( the side with index finger) and I was wondering if there is any +/- on this?

It's a matter of comfort. Eddie Van Halen plays with his middle finger and thumb; James Hetfield with the index finger, middle finger and thumb. Whatever feels right to you.
I know it's mostly comfort, but will it limit my playing in any way?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
I used to hold my pick with thumb index and middle, and I found it hard to do quick down strumming holding it like that.
i hold my pick using my thumb, index and a little with my middle, but when im picking ill tuck the pick under more of my index and just use my index and thumb.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar

I wouldn't think so..
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
i hold the pick the same way. it seems to be fine...i have okay speed and im a lot more accurate now. i also dont drop the pick that much anymore. i think thats the main reason i started doing it in the first place.
the most accepted way to hold the pick, is between the index finger and thumb. I have found that it makes it easier to keep the rest of your fingers out of the way. And if you dont know how 2 hold a pick, its a good way to learn.

As the others say, its mainly comfort, but keep in mind that those listed above are amazing guitarist who have their own unique and advance play styles, where holding the pick the way they do might get them the most speed, or maybe more accuracy or whatnot.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar

It can. If you ever want to learn hybrid picking techniques where you play with the pick and your fingers at the same time, you'll be wanting that middle finger to be free.