Ok, I'm going to buy my first 5 string bass once I get the money, so in the mean time I'm debating between two that really cought my eye. I've played the Ibanez SRX505 in my local music shop, and it sounded great. The looks of the warlock just blow the Ibanez away though, and even if i did get the warlock I would put EMG's in it (P5's). Can you guys help me choose? I've heard that lower end BC Rich's suck, but this is one of the higher ones (its the replacement for the NJ Series, theyre just being made somewhere else now). Thanks
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I like it when folks say "Spikey guitars/basses have great looks!!!". Makes me smile every time. I'm sure 99% that even if it's a Platinum Warwlock or whatever, the Ibanez will own it not in just playability, but in quality, versatility and comfort.

Edit: and what the fudge are "Nato" body slides?! What does North Atlantic Treaty Organisation have to do with the fugly bass?!
Last edited by Bassilo at Jun 30, 2006,
^Nato is the worst kind of wood....ever created. It's like the bastard stepchild of agathis.
GOOD LORD!!! I though only pressed toilet paper slabs are worse than agathis...

But i recall this brit-punk trend - "The ****tier it is - the more punk it is!". It's from the same era of tons of metal studs, torn clothes, peeing your pants, barfin on your shirt, etc...
Oh, i didn't know nato was that ****ty either. I've never heard of it, so i wasnt going to make a huge deal out of it. I'm mainly into metal, so the warlock sort of has that look although Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse plays something along the lines of that ibanez, but jet black. Looks almost like a srx305. I know you guys might not like spikey basses, but i gotta give it to them, i love how the look. Also the Warlock has a 35" scale, so it should help for a tighter low B
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Nato is terrible, if you like the spiky looks you should check into Jackson and LTD basses. They probably have something you're looking for, and they're also pretty well known for making good instruments.
I already own an LTD bass, and as far as i know the only 5 string bass jackson makes is reeally ugly. Not quite "Spikey" either. Thanks for they help guys, keep the replies coming!

Also one more question. Since we pretty much decided that a 2x4 with 5 strings would be better than the warlock, I think i found something thats not bad either. Not spikey, but the looks catch my eye. Check out the "Show Off Your Bass V2" thread and look at Riyoku's post of his Spector Legend 6. I love the look of that bass. So now, the Ibanez or the Spector?
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Last edited by Your41Plague12 at Jun 30, 2006,
is it just me or is the spector a LOT more expensive? maybe it is just me. i dont know the price of the spec, but im assuming its higher.

cause, if you havnt figured it out, ibanez's SR line basses are REALLY good for the money. aka theyre CHEAP and good. tho i'd rather the specs of the SR505, than the SRX. and i see more people playing the SR line than the SRX in metal (but no seriously, a few tech death bands... angra, and i kno a few other metal bands, but cant name them right now. fieldy from korn (altho not metal) uses a sig ibanez bass which is like a "souped up" sr505.
Spector, if you can afford it.

Oh, BTW Nato stands for "Nasty Ass Tone Output"
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
lmao nasty ass tone output. thats clever. Flame me if you want to manga, but i still sort of enjoy listening to some older korn. Not a hell of a lot of it is that good, but basically i like their entire album of "Take A Look In The Mirror" other than the rap song on it. Manga, the spector's only $80 more than the Ibanez, so its not an extreme difference in price. So Riyoku, if you would happen to see this, how does the Spector sound? would it be possible to get any sound clips up?
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

i know a lot of people who willl tell you the spectors great, i havnt tried it myself.

and im not tryin ta flame you about the Korn thing, its just, if you were to go to the metal forum and make a thread about korn, expect to be flamed thoroughly (by mods too, even mroe so in fact) and then have your thread closed. leaving the metal forum to disown you. it happens to the best of us that just wernt informed... hasnt happened to me tho

and really, thats off topic, so lets end it here
haha yeah, i know better than to even mention korn in the metal forum. I'm actually into a lot of black metal, mainly Dimmu Borgir. I love cannibal corpse, too, but theyre Death Metal. Can anyone tell me what kind of bass Alex Webster uses? (the ibanez model). I might not be back for a little while (like ten days) so keep the replies coming guys, and thanks in advance
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Dude, get the Warlock... Ibanez has kinda fell to numetal lately... Slipknot, Linkin Park etc. and a whole lot of death metal bands play B.C. Richs... My friend just got an ice acrylic warlock (guitar though), and it sounds just as tight as it looks. But, its your decision. But if I were you, I would definintly get the warlock
I subjest a SRX505 simply because it is the bass that i am going to buy.. wouldve bught erly BUT i had to spend part of my b-day mony on a car wich i have not bought yet. ....
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by N3V3RMIND
Dude, get the Warlock... Ibanez has kinda fell to numetal lately... Slipknot, Linkin Park etc. and a whole lot of death metal bands play B.C. Richs... My friend just got an ice acrylic warlock (guitar though), and it sounds just as tight as it looks. But, its your decision. But if I were you, I would definintly get the warlock

you're joking right? you do know Mick thompson from Slipknot used BC rich's for ages...

and I dont see many death metal bands using Bc rich, Ibanez's yeah. if anything, you've got it the wrong way round, bc rich's with the lame nu-metal shape and a crap sound and ibanez's with a good metal tone and GOOD looks.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2