Before you flame me im totally new to this semi hollow electric thing. Do I use electric strings for it? Will that bend the frame? Or is it wierd and uses acoustic strings? I just got a oe30 delta king and I was wondering what you would recommend for strings? Thanx in advance.
Only the fool can become King.
they use normal electric strings
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Thanx guys, are these good for rock type musics?
Quote by Cmogi10
Flatwounds, atleast 13's...

If ya love Jazz!

you cannot tune 13s to concert pitch, ive never seen that. you'd have to go at least half a step down, and this guy said he was newer, starting off at half a pitch lower will be a bit weird.

but yeah, i have 13s on my strat, and im going to go get 12s for my 335 tomorrow.
Woah super confused about strings now, do the gauges of strings hella effect play or something?
yeah. heavier strings = deeper tone hanrder bends and the overall pitch
lighter strings = easier bends brighter tone and a variety of pitches for tuning to
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Quote by Kidtheory
Woah super confused about strings now, do the gauges of strings hella effect play or something?

The heavier the strings, the harder they are to bend, and the deeper the tone. Most people use .10's or .9's (the measurement is based on the width of the high E string) while metal players tend to use heavier strings to get beefier tones.
Carvin Holdsworth H2 Fatboy
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Line 6 POD XT Live
So to play like alternative 9 gauge would be fine right? And if so which strings are good? I keep hearing about elixers? Are they any good or theyre better ones?
They have a protective coating that lets the strings last longer.
For me, the extra cash isn't really worth it, since I like changing my strings every now and then just to change the pace.
Strings arent that expensive anyways so i dont like to pay more for expensive ones
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
I have a friend who uses 10-54 BB King strings on his Lucille. They came set up on the guitar and it has a sticker saying to use them.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
Quote by mishra
you cannot tune 13s to concert pitch, ive never seen that. you'd have to go at least half a step down, and this guy said he was newer, starting off at half a pitch lower will be a bit weird.

but yeah, i have 13s on my strat, and im going to go get 12s for my 335 tomorrow.

mine are in standard...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Get Ernie Ball Super Slinkys.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Quote by Cmogi10
mine are in standard...

what brand is that? whenever i try and tunr d'addarios to standard one or more snap every time.
I use thomastik...it's one of those after trying a couple brand no brainers for me.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit