So i was wondering if everyone could tell me what the difference is between the Les Paul Standard, Special, and Custom. And which is the best (or better, in order)

Thanks
so whats the difference between the standard and the custom. (obiviously i want one of those cuz the special is made of crap). sorry about the stupid questions...i'm half a tard.
Yah, like pierce said, Special, overall lower quality (woods, electronics, etc.), Standard is, well, standard, and the custom just has some higher quality characteristics (AA maple, etc.) plus you get some different design elements (binding on headstock, etc.).

Live life stronger than death.
Zakk Wylde

True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing.
Socrates

You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.
Robert Alton Harris

R.I.P.
Rhoads, Vaughan, Burton
Check out the specs on Gibson's website, they're what helped me, you can even see how similar Epi Les Paul's are to Gibson's Les Paul.

Live life stronger than death.
Zakk Wylde

True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing.
Socrates

You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.
Robert Alton Harris

R.I.P.
Rhoads, Vaughan, Burton
^^^^^^
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
well yeh since the build quality arent the same neither is the quality of wood and electronics etc.
gibson is better than epiphone

overpriced though
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over priced, especially down here.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Customs and standards are much the same although customs look better