Good Riddance - Green Day

....and I'm looking to learn new ones!

So I thought I would ask you guys what your first song was, figuring that they would be easy and good to learn.

I don't have a capo.
Give My Love to Rose, Johnny Cash. I learned Don't Take Your Guns to Town about the same time (same artist). I tried them because they're simple, mostly chord progressions. Almost anything by Cash should be pretty simple to learn, he was more about the stories in the music than the complexity of the music itself (which, I think, is a good thing. He tells some great stories!)

But if you're looking to be challenged, try Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here, Mother, Hey You, that sort of thing...
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
I learned Hurt by Johnny Cash and Crash by Dave Matthews at the same time for my first 2.
Some other easy ones are You and Me by Lifehouse and Roads by Blindside
Howie Day- Collide
that was my first....
one of my favorite songs to play...and its easy is "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls

Also try Lifehouse- You and Me
Brown Eyed Girl.
Takamine EG531SSC - "Kim"
Fender Mexican Stratocaster - "Jessica"
-Texas Special Pickups
Crate Palomino v16 Class A Tube Amp

Well it's floodin down in Texas
oasis - wonderwall was the first one i learned how to play. to play it in the same key as oasis you'll need a capo... but you can certainly just play it without it in a different key.
Quote by breezin
Tears in Heaven, eric clapton

Even with the cool fingerpicking? Damn, you were a good beginner!
Takamine EG531SSC - "Kim"
Fender Mexican Stratocaster - "Jessica"
-Texas Special Pickups
Crate Palomino v16 Class A Tube Amp

Well it's floodin down in Texas
It's hard to remember. It must have been Mr. Jones by Counting Crows or If you coul only see by Tonic.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
It's hard to remember. It must have been Mr. Jones by Counting Crows or If you coul only see by Tonic.

haha both of those were among my first 10 songs ever as well. i still love playing both.
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
Quote by breezin
Tears in Heaven, eric clapton

I've started to get that song down. I can play the normal verses okay. But its long and taking a while to pick it all up.

Can't wait till i can play it all the way through! I know that will feel good....
Folsom prison blues-Johnny Cash
Wonderwall-Oasis
Wonderwall is 4 or 5 chords repeated, and the chords are quite similar, it's easy.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

Everything except for the crazy solo, because I have an acoustic.
my first first song was my immortal by evanescence but i dont really count it cuz i bnever played it only once i a while, but the one that i considermy first song is boulevard of broken dreams by green day ...i loe playing that song
my first first song was my immortal by evanescence but i dont really count it cuz i bnever played it only once i a while, but the one that i considermy first song is boulevard of broken dreams by green day ...i loe playing that song
My first song I ever played was Boulevard of Broken Dreams, by Green Day. :|

Easy chords. I sort of gave up on that song half way and went to another. Haha.
Daffodils for Delilah.
Acoustic EP.
Quote by jimtaka
oasis - wonderwall was the first one i learned how to play. to play it in the same key as oasis you'll need a capo... but you can certainly just play it without it in a different key.

HELL YEAH! me too started with wonderwall, took me ages to get the sturmming, then i did goo goo dolls - slide, and then eric claptons layla is a good one. under the bridge is another good one to start off on.
but yeah wonderwall hah
The riff from "Day Tripper" by the Beatles. Gotta love that riff.
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
The first english one I really learned was "Unchained Melody", I had a lot of Chinese pop ones before that.
There is no place else to go
The theater is closed
Tom Dooley was the first EVER song I learnt... There is no way a beginner can pick up Tears in Heaven... You'd have to learn pull-offs, hammer-ons, bass changing...
However, the first 'proper' song I learnt was Wish You were here, just strumming.
boulevard of broken dreams by GreenDay, but I was playing the wrong chords :P
after that it was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star....much nicer and better. I can't really stand greenday anymore...
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Pa - Ryan Adams
"His clothes are dirty, but his hands are clean" - Lay Lady Lay
Quote by GsKoRn1
I learned Tribute by Tenacious D

Dude.. Tribute was your first song?? Damn.

I had a bet with a friend to try to learn one hard begginner song, so my first full song was black bird (it was hard for a new player.. hard for some people who've been playing a bit)
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Simple Man-Lynyrd Skynyrd
yea i know, all i learned were the chords
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Norwegian Wood by The Beatles
Now I'm learning Tears in Heaven for my second I mostly use pick to play it because it sounds louder but it has more meaning if you fingerpick
Stairway to Heaven (everything except the solo) . I love thiis song and its definetly a big reason I started playing.