For those of you who have seen SOAD live, I'm curious did you like the sound of his Ibanez Iceman more, or do you like his Gibson SG more?

Personally, I can't stand how his SG sounds, I think the Icemans tone was hundreds of times better for their music.
I don't like SGs too much in general, I think it sounds like ass through an amp. Compare the solos from Psycho on his iceman to the SG.
I agree. All of his Icemen had badass paint jobs from his father too, but then he became a dick and got all leather clothing and SGs, oh and he suddenly thought he could sing better than Serj. Oh and that he needs to leave SOAD to make a band so he can completely control it. Oh and gained weight. As we can tell, he made a lot of bad choices.
Quote by The way to hate
I agree. All of his Icemen had badass paint jobs from his father too, but then he became a dick and got all leather clothing and SGs, oh and he suddenly thought he could sing better than Serj. Oh and that he needs to leave SOAD to make a band so he can completely control it. Oh and gained weight. As we can tell, he made a lot of bad choices.

hey this isnt a "trash SOAD's new sound" thread. i enjoy all of their music. although, if i were to make a choice, i would agree in saying the iceman is superior for their music. but everyone goes new directions anyways
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
lmao, after psting i realized you also started the thread. sorry bout that. i still stand by my opinion on their sound tho
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
Quote by bassmonkey16
hey this isnt a "trash SOAD's new sound" thread. i enjoy all of their music. although, if i were to make a choice, i would agree in saying the iceman is superior for their music. but everyone goes new directions anyways

I love all of their music. I think his SG sounds fine on record, but live it sounds horrible compared to his Iceman. SOAD is my favorite band, and I like Hyp/Mez as much as Toxicity, but I still think Daron Malakian ruined the band.
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
too be honest, i like the iceman. It was him, EVERYONE PLAYS AN SG! Not saying that they suck, but c'mon, sooooo many guitarists use them, soo annoying

I agree with you, I bought an epiphone G-400 for my first guitar because I listened to a lot of AC/DC and Angus Young had a lot of influence on my choice. it wasn't until after I started playing it that I realized on every music video I saw, someone was playing an SG... I was so pissed off.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

i have to agree. the iceman sounds much better in my opinion than the sg. BUT...on the other hand, the sg and different writing style are a nice change. you cant bash him though. everyone eventually changes their sounds. doesnt playing/hearing the same thing over and over again get a bit redundant or boring after awhile? personally i feel you need to mix it up some and expand your knowledge/abilities just to keep it fresh.

They both have their pro's and con's

The Iceman was MUCH MUCH better for the heavier songs.

And the Gibson SG is great for their somewhat slower songs or songs that have slower parts. (Toxicity sounds much better on the SG then the Iceman as far as the intro and the verses go)
(Same with Suggestions)

But Overall the Iceman was much better.

He also played a Jackson Rhoads Custom which was pretty cool.
It was for one show though :P
Quote by jmag

God, you make a 5-year-old seem like master Yoda, as far as patience goes.
Iceman looked wierd in X-men 3... ....
bananabananabanana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta *pie*

Quote by Bmm386
I think they should make a GTA paris in like 1795.
Your only goal is to feed your family and keep your horse alive.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
it hit the twin towers, not the pentagon, idiot
The Iceman is a guitar :/
Quote by jmag

God, you make a 5-year-old seem like master Yoda, as far as patience goes.
Quote by green_machine
Iceman looked wierd in X-men 3... ....

hahahahah

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
Um...isn't there a SOAD thread somewhere that this would fit better in?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Ya but the kicker is that theyre talking about Darons "guitars"
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by ProjectDark
Ya but the kicker is that theyre talking about Darons "guitars"

huh?
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
i liked the icemans better, the SG is a problematic guitar to begin with not a bad guitar it just has issues staying in tune and trying to be a lighter les paul, i still like them but they dont like to stay in tune well