hello . this is a song i wrote and recorded in my pc.
it has crappy drums , not that good tone in the guitar but its a good song nevertheless. i would like to see a crit around here weather its bad or good.
Thank you ..
Soul Reaper 2 is the name of the song.
P.S. IT might sound a little boring to you because there aren't any vocals but hear it and enjoy ..

http://hellpatrol.dmusic.com
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Jul 5, 2006,
i liked it.
only the solo is to much modern metal in my opinion. It's like Trivium for instans: good solo's, but with not enough feeling, like slash for instance.
the drums arent that crappy. they sound pretty good actually. the tone is a bit fuzzy, but good riffs either way. it goes into a kind of iron maiden gallop for a while, which sounds cool. the 1st solo is very good technically, but you need to fix ur tone. maybe add a delay too. the part at 2:30 is pretty awesome, i can picture people headbanging to this for sure. 2nd solo is a tad sloppy, but still impressive. for your sake, find some other way to record the solos or filter them somehow because the tone is just aweful man, haha. sorry. it takes away from your skillful playing. overall, great song. nice work on the backing track too!

check mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385260
It's ok! My face broke the fall.
I appreciate it , the solo was the first thing that came into my mind , I didnt work on it , i will try editing this song with better drums , better tone for the guitar and better solo's . Thank you for the advice .
Actually, the second solo fit more then the first i think. Just need to clean it up, but if you improv-ed it good job, definately added some tension to the song. A couple of the riffs reminded me of a Ministry song. Maybe turn down the bass, add more treble to it maybe less gain..or more. The Riffage was good, and it was arranged good, so nice job over all .
Sweet song dude. Killer solos, the second version is much better sounding. good job.
i liked it, good job

cut down on the bass a littlebit and adda lil more trebble and upper mid to the lead but thats just technical BS wich doesent matter that much theres some really cool riffs in there
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Emergancy Exit
i liked it, good job

cut down on the bass a littlebit and adda lil more trebble and upper mid to the lead but thats just technical BS wich doesent matter that much theres some really cool riffs in there

I will try that , thank you . I have already downloaded a beat program with samples and i got a Digitech rp-100 which i think will improve the sound ! I'm working on the same song now and hopefully the results will be satisfying .. thank you bro !
ah i listened to this yesterday but didnt have time to critisize it. I remember it, thats a good thing! very catchy!
fantastic use of drum machine!! i like the fast rhythm and the soloing!
the second solo was quite fast but i didnt like it as much as the first one for some reason.
song overall, lacked a meaningful ending.

nice work! hope my comments were useful

my latest track is here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6026880#post6026880

thanks in advance
Quote by NeptuneUK
ah i listened to this yesterday but didnt have time to critisize it. I remember it, thats a good thing! very catchy!
fantastic use of drum machine!! i like the fast rhythm and the soloing!
the second solo was quite fast but i didnt like it as much as the first one for some reason.
song overall, lacked a meaningful ending.

nice work! hope my comments were useful

my latest track is here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6026880#post6026880

thanks in advance

The Drums are midi in this song and I couldnt find a good tone in the guitar , but , as I said I have new gear now and hopefully this song will become even better . the solo was and improv so understand why it wasnt that good thank you for your comments mf ..
sweet dude, reminds me of OLD metallica, and that's saying something. the rhythm guitar that is panned to the right kinda has a bad quality to it, but that just might be my speaker...

very excellent solo. Much better than mine, because you planned yours out

...and because youre a lot better than me too haha
FIJI
Last edited by ShizNick at Jul 3, 2006,
Quote by ShizNick
sweet dude, reminds me of OLD metallica, and that's saying something. the rhythm guitar that is panned to the right kinda has a bad quality to it, but that just might be my speaker...

very excellent solo. Much better than mine, because you planned yours out

...and because youre a lot better than me too haha

Lol , thank you very much mf , I really appreciate it , though the solo's werent that great , the main riffs took me plenty of time to compose.. thank you again !
Quote by ETmyday
crazy song just makes me wont to punch someone in the face if you fix the sound and ad a better ending this song would be totally over the top.
PS also you should add some vacuoles

crit my song- https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386987

sorry i found that a funny spelling error as a science nerd.... definately put some vacuoles in that song! the plant cells may need to store water to stay turgid!!

hehe! anyway yeah the guys right, try some vocals!!
I would really like to put some vocals in it but i cant , i dont have a talent on writting lyrics or vocal lines but if somebody has an idea i would really much appreciated it . feel free to post ideas about vocals or lyrics ..
This song is very catchy. Theres something I just love about it. Like other people have said, try and sort out your tone. Other than that the song is awesome. I liked the first solo better. Mainly because it seemed better technically with timeing and everything.

Overall good work!
i like this man! im not a huge metal fan but u have some really cool melodies and things flowed so nice witht his tune!
it was very progressive and seemed to have a lot in it
i enjoyed your tone as well

just out of curiosity how long did it take u to write and record this song?

peace!

goog
Originally posted by skeptopotamus
Well, me and my lab of expert scienticians have created an ingenius device that will capture one's flatulence and transport it to a nearby foe's rectum, thus attributing any foul odors towards your enemies, mblavin.
Quote by goog7
i like this man! im not a huge metal fan but u have some really cool melodies and things flowed so nice witht his tune!
it was very progressive and seemed to have a lot in it
i enjoyed your tone as well

just out of curiosity how long did it take u to write and record this song?

peace!

goog

It took me approximately 3 days to write it and 2 hours to record it , the solo's were improvised as I said before, so there was no feeling in them , BUT , AS I ALSO said before i will try to re-record it with good tone.. thank you for your comment .. I appreciate it .
replying to the crit you gave me... critting as i go:

sweet drum patterns, although midi, i can see where youre taking them... tone could be a little less fuzzy, but not to the point where its annoying i liked the first solo.... lots of breakdowns, good to hear, lots of harmonies and pinch harmonics ehar and there, which i favour a lot myself some notes sound a little ot of tune in the second solo, but otherwise not too bad at all, nice backing riffs ... overall youve got yourself a pretty sweet song, keep up the standard and youll have a nice catalogue
The tone is kind of fuzzy, but the whole song is really tight. And by tight I don't mean "cool", I mean everything flows well, and there's no clipping or feedback. The part at around the 1:50 area is pretty awesome too. I also like the double bass drums before the 2nd solo. I tend to go overboard with the bass drums and let them rip through the whole song. Overall I like it a lot
-I also updated mine with the bass and added a bit.
Last edited by Buttloaves at Jul 4, 2006,
Well I'm not a fan of such a kind of music but it's really good. The drum sounded a little bit like the guitar pro drumsounds. I think you repeated some parts of the song to often but that's not bad. I really like the guitar soli!! WOW! That kicks every ****ing ass! I admire the people that play such asskicking guitar soli!

The song changes not very often but it's cool to hear your song. I really liked it....well I'm not a metal freak...but hey great job man!

P.S: for how long do you played guitar?
I play guitar for about a year , i didnt have any teachers or smth , i learned by myself . thank you for your comments everybody , i really appreciate it !!
it was great way better than i could do.....i thought the solos were perfect with the song
it could use some vocals in my opinion
Quote by mhail
very nice.

totally agree about the tone though.
what is it direct?

heres mine

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387734

It is A fender stratocaster connected to a digitech rp-100 and all that connected to the pc and recorded with acid pro 4 , i really do NOT know why the sound tends to get all fuzzy all the time . i hope you guys can shed some light to this ! really , if someone knows what to do about this fuzz thingy , tell me , and while telling me give me your songs for me to crit !

and By the way , I have a new song posted in this page , it is called the cursed night .. take a look !
Last edited by Necrolust at Jul 5, 2006,
Quote by Necrolust
It is A fender stratocaster connected to a digitech rp-100 and all that connected to the pc and recorded with acid pro 4 , i really do NOT know why the sound tends to get all fuzzy all the time . i hope you guys can shed some light to this ! really , if someone knows what to do about this fuzz thingy , tell me , and while telling me give me your songs for me to crit !

and By the way , I have a new song posted in this page , it is called the cursed night .. take a look !

the songs to crit is posted on my last post.

check your line inputs on settings and it's probably maxxed out. lower it down halfway and see how that works.

hope that helps.
Quote by mhail
the songs to crit is posted on my last post.

check your line inputs on settings and it's probably maxxed out. lower it down halfway and see how that works.

hope that helps.

I might try that , thank you , Oh and btw ...

the songs to crit is posted on my last post ? that sentence doesnt make sence .. rephrase that please cause i cant understand what you mean
it's pretty darn cool!!! you've been playin for a year? you're pretty good! i thought the ending was pretty "nu-metal"
bananabananabanana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta *pie*

Quote by Bmm386
I think they should make a GTA paris in like 1795.
Your only goal is to feed your family and keep your horse alive.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
it hit the twin towers, not the pentagon, idiot
it's pretty darn cool!!! you've been playin for a year? you're pretty good!the ending was pretty "nu-metal"
bananabananabanana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta *pie*

Quote by Bmm386
I think they should make a GTA paris in like 1795.
Your only goal is to feed your family and keep your horse alive.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
it hit the twin towers, not the pentagon, idiot
Quote by Necrolust
I might try that , thank you , Oh and btw ...

the songs to crit is posted on my last post ? that sentence doesnt make sence .. rephrase that please cause i cant understand what you mean

he means that his song is in his last post , on this thread , so scroll up !
Lol , i have already critted your song m8 , i think , If not , I shall do it shortly .
Keep the comments comming !
By the Way , I have a new song posted in this page , feel free to check it out ,
it is called : the cursed night and it is in the first page of the original songs forum page.
thank you!
Commenting and listening at the same time, here goes:

- Nice intro, makes me think of Slayer's Season in the Abyss.

- Nice Iron Maiden feel to it, with the galloping riff.

- Good solo at 1:20, not too complicated, just right.

- I like the overall mixing, nothing is too loud or too quiet. Good sound quality also.

- Sweet 2nd solo!! Same concept as the first one, which is pretty cool. Good chops, doesn't sound sloppy.

- Very good overall, you keept it down to earth. I mean it's nothing beyond what you can do, not just some random sloppy wankage. Kept it pretty clean.

2 thumbs up!!! Great song, I like it. Oh and by the way, sry about not commenting right away, had a few delays.
That was insane! It never got repetitive or anything. It just rocked. 9/10
I am humbled by your comments even if the songs quality and drum beats totally suck ! Dont forget to post your songs to make it a crit 4 crit thread .
thank you very very much !