Page 1 of 2
Whats do movie do u think has the best soundtrack. For a movie with like real songs not just classical it HAS to be judgement night. It is the best rap metal along with RATM. It has bands like Biohazard, slayer, Pearl Jam, Faith no more, Helmet, Sonic youth, living colour, dinosaur jr, and mudhoney doing songs with killer oldschool rap like house of pain, ice-t, cypress hill, run dmc, Del the funky homosapien, de la soul, and Boo ya T.R.I.B.E. Constantine has a sweet soundtrack to go with the movie (especially passive by APC). I like star wars too.
Great thread idea.

Im really into film music and hopefully one day ill be scoring films, and for me right now my favorite Soundtrack is the Pirates of the Carribean:The Curse of The Black Pearl by Klaus Badelt. What an amazing, and a little unconventional might I add, soundtrack this is. Its themes are solid and reoccuring and clearly provide a great addition to the visuals it's portrating. Also, its so ****ing epic. Check it out.

Otherwise my favorite non-classical soundtracks are

"The Life Aquatic"

"Rushmore"

"High Fidelity"

"Pulp Fiction"
He's a Pirate
Quote by Zrobusa

"The Life Aquatic"

Definetly the singing portuguese guy...he made that movie awesome.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Pulp Fiction, Garden State, Big Lebowski, High fidelity, Requiem for a Dream

All top soundtracks.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
fight club, spiderman 2.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Pulp Fiction, Lost in Translation, Trainspotting, Forrest Gump
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
^ Yeah, that's a great soundtrack. I remember when I asked for 'Easy Rider' a few years back that my dad said he used to have it on vinyl when he was younger and it was one of those records that he used to listen to with all his mates.

The Lock Stock and Snatch soundtracks were pretty good from what I remember.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Singles has a great grunge soundtrack, Mulholland Drive is my fav though. The Spainish version of crying by Roy Orbinson is so moving.
Its the fashion self informed verus Mr. Navy-Blue And Black...
I really dig the Trainspotting soundtrack. Lost Highway is good for all you alternative rock fans.

Though it's not a film, the soundtrack to the game American McGees Alice is fantastic. It's by Chris Vrenna of Nine Inch Nails fame and is some fantastic electronica. In the vein of Electronica, Charlie Clousers (Also ex-Nine Inch Nails) soundtracks to Saw & Saw II are awesome. Very paranoid and atmospheric sounding.

Bajeda, I don't know of this industrial-ish music is the kind of electronica you go for, but it's good and I'd advise you to check it out.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
...Some beautiful Spanish guitar, some of which I believe is actually played by the film's director, Robert Rodriguez. The film itself is more appealing to me because of the atmosphere than the plot, and the soundtrack contributes to that.

Pirates of the Caribbean
...What a soundtrack. Totally didn't expect to enjoy the film, but I really liked it and thought the score by Klaus Badelt was brilliant. Especially the music over the ending credits. I'm hoping for more of the same in the sequel.

Edward Scissorhands
...Not a huge Elfman fan, but I think this is his best soundtrack. Manages to capture the feel of the film and connect with Burton's style of directing.

Scarface
...Actually don't like the film very much, but I could probably sing every song on this CD if I was bored. This does come from far too many nights playing GTA3 as a teen and listening to the game's Flashback FM radio station rather than having watched the film a lot, but all the same, there's some really proper cheesy, sing-a-long 80s pop on here.

Daredevil
..Another teen thing. I realise that most people hate this film and even though I don't even listen to this kind of music at all now (I didn't listen to it much back then either, but even less so now), but I still like it. I just remember liking that it had so much more of a darker feel to it than Spider-Man, which obviously wasn't dark enough for me as an angsty teen

I also thought what Seu Jorge did with The Life Aquatic's soundtrack was clever, but I'm not a Bowie fan as such, so most of it was lost on me. Clever all the same, though. There are others I've enjoyed as well, but some I can't even remember. A couple I do remember and love, but don't own, are the soundtracks to Goodbye Lenin! and The Pianist, two beautiful films with some excellent moody classical pieces in them. Oh, and 28 Days Later, too. That was good. Gotta love the 'Deserted London' scene with GY!BE over the top. And if anyone's seen the children's classics that are Short Circuit 2 or The Neverending Story then they'll appreciate those too. Especially Bonnie Tyler coming on at the end of Short Circuit 2. Genius.
Quote by kryptonite22
This does come from far too many nights playing GTA3 as a teen and listening to the game's Flashback FM radio station rather than having watched the film a lot.

Don't you mean Vice City?

/pedantry
Nobody said The Blues Brothers?

What is wrong with you people???

There's a few awesome film soundtreacks about though, I was actually thinking about this and I thought of one that I thought rivalled the Blues Brothers but now I come to a time when I need to remember it, it slips my mind. Ah well.
Do The Right Thing
Beverly Hills Cop- It works for the Movie
Breakfast club- "
Knights Tale
Pulp Fiction
Resvoir Dogs- Ultimate KIlling Song

Dude Oh Yeah ANd Waynes World
Your Lord And Master ,
Pertoleum

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> < hail ze bunny, live ze bunny, love ze bunny
Quote by scoob666
Don't you mean Vice City?

/pedantry

No, I mean GTA3. I never owned Vice City because I borrowed it form someone and hated it. It's definitely GTA3
Hmm, I could have sworn Flash FM was on Vice City too. Then again, I never really played GTA3 that much because I didn't like it that much.
Forrest Gump. And any original score from either of the 3 best composers Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer, or John Williams.

Of course being a guitarist I also do enjoy Steve Vai's compositions, but they just aren't the same.
I admit to being a sucker for the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack. I bought it after hearing "Talk Show Host" by Radiohead and after time I got accustomed to listening to all the songs and they kind of grew on me after time.

The Spiderman Soundtrack was pretty good. There are some songs on there that I just skip over but in general I liked the CD.

I also love the Underworld and Underworld: Evolution albums. They've got some great songs on there. Opening with The Damning Well got me hooked and it was nice to hear Finch and Trust Company. On the Evolution soundtrack, I enjoyed Atreyu, Lacuna Coil and Cradle of Filth. I was surprised to see Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance and Senses Fail though, I expected a more "in your face" mix like the first soundtrack.
Pirates of the Carribean!!!! argh matey.... yohohoho
Who draws the crowd, who plays so loud baby its the guitar man....
so many good ones mentioned in this thread, like trainspotting, snatch, reservoir dogs, forrest gump, gladiator, requiem for a dream, etc.
i also like the music in hackers and human traffic. there's a lot more that i just can't think of at the moment too.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by Abe
Nobody said The Blues Brothers?

What is wrong with you people???

There's a few awesome film soundtreacks about though, I was actually thinking about this and I thought of one that I thought rivalled the Blues Brothers but now I come to a time when I need to remember it, it slips my mind. Ah well.

*punch myself in the face*

how could I forget the blues brothers....aww, my face hurts
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
The Big Lebowsky
Bob Dylan- The Man in Me
CCr- Looking out my back door, Run through the jungle
and an awesome version of Hotel California done in Spanish
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Has anyone heard the soundtrack to The Shining? That movie has some freaky-assed music, so I might check it out.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

The Omen (original)
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
The Life Aquatic is my favorite. I highly recommend Seu Jorge's album of David Bowie covers, as well as the soundtrack itself. The Ping Island techno song is catchy as hell.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Dazed and Confused anyone?
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Page 1 of 2