Page 1 of 2
are there ANY good bc riches? i mean i played one i liked it bot it was a bronze series but really my favorite shape is the warlock. are there any good versions of this guitar? ty
personally i hate bc richs!
they r so heavy and have horrible tone and sustain
u might be able to find a good version of it from bc rich but the bronze zeries suck alot thats y there sold in places like samgoody and ****
and thats also y u dont really see them in a guitar store so i would say look for sometin else u can find sometin that the shape is like it and much better sounding
Quote by Arlabester
are there ANY good bc riches? i mean i played one i liked it bot it was a bronze series but really my favorite shape is the warlock. are there any good versions of this guitar? ty

The high end ones are decent, but you can get better guitars for cheaper.

All the low end ones suck.

If you're buying a Warlock just because it looks cool, you're a dumbass and you deserve to die.

VINDICEDIT:

The high end/low end comment was about BC Riches in general. I don't think they make good Warlocks.
Last edited by Vindication at Jun 29, 2006,
there are LOTS of good BC Riches, honestly... do you expect a $200 bronze series to sound good!?! I play a Platinum Virgo and it's an amazing guitar... If you want an inexpensive guitar, your going to have to sacrofice tone. But if it's tone you want, and awesome shapes your into, you're going to have to throw down over $400 for a Platinum, Platinum Pro, or NJ (now called "NT") series guitar.
Quote by SEALSniper1152
there are LOTS of good BC Riches, honestly... do you expect a $200 bronze series to sound good!?! I play a Platinum Virgo and it's an amazing guitar... If you want an inexpensive guitar, your going to have to sacrofice tone. But if it's tone you want, and awesome shapes your into, you're going to have to throw down over $400 for a Platinum, Platinum Pro, or NJ (now called "NT") series guitar.

ok thanx, dude i was gonna get a $1200 strat so a guitar that cheap would be aprreciated

EDIT: Seal is that like, the real deal for a B.C. Rich?
Quote by Arlabester
ok thanx, dude i was gonna get a $1200 strat so a guitar that cheap would be aprreciated

EDIT: Seal is that like, the real deal for a B.C. Rich?

If you get a $400 B.C. Rich, you're wasting your money.

Ibanez and Schecter make far better guitars around that price range.
I think B.C. Rich guitars are mostly for nu metal.. They have such a heavy sound but with distortion all it sounds like is dhudhddudududududdudu .. if you want clear tone and quality.. But still want to play metal.. Dean , of course gibson, epiphone, (fenders are .. well more classic rock.. not for metal, and schecters + a tube amp works really well.
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
lol someone hates bc rich, anyway i was just wondering, lol any bc rich wont match this beaut: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Deluxe-Stratocaster-HSS-LT-Electric-Guitar?sku=511146 this is my baby im getting, unless i get the venom (i designed it) built for me for the same price (i wish i could post a pic)

EDIT: Iceman? what do those sound like? BTW: i never said i wanted to play metal: im into stuff like MCR, The Clash, and TBS
i play a platinum beast. its great for my style, personally tho, i think they suck in teh way of versatility. but, really, who would bring something that looks like that to a jazz show?
i really enjoy my beast. and, unlike some comments posted here, they arent all that heavy. i probly wont get another bc rich, im looking at esps. they have some good shapes, and better tones.
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
Quote by bassmonkey16
i play a platinum beast. its great for my style, personally tho, i think they suck in teh way of versatility. but, really, who would bring something that looks like that to a jazz show?
i really enjoy my beast. and, unlike some comments posted here, they arent all that heavy. i probly wont get another bc rich, im looking at esps. they have some good shapes, and better tones.

dude your sig is badass, anyway, that why i want the hss strat, the most versitile guitar EVER
Quote by Hammett5
I think B.C. Rich guitars are mostly for nu metal.. They have such a heavy sound but with distortion all it sounds like is dhudhddudududududdudu .. if you want clear tone and quality.. But still want to play metal.. Dean , of course gibson, epiphone, (fenders are .. well more classic rock.. not for metal, and schecters + a tube amp works really well.

Low end B.C. Rich guitars are built with the notion in mind that if it looks cool, it doesn't matter how it sounds.

...That is possibly one of the worst notions ever to grace a guitar company.

Not to mention B.C. Riches are so fugly...

I agree with the Dean comment...Gibsons are overpriced, and most Epiphones are crap (you can get an Agile that's just as good, if not better, for cheaper). You might be able to find a used Jackson for that price; their mid- and high-end guitars are nice.

VINDICEDIT: READ BELOW HERE DAMNIT

If you think a Bronze Warlock sounds good, you're not ready for a $1200 Fender.
Quote by Arlabester

EDIT: Iceman? what do those sound like?

listen to SOAD's first three albums
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
Quote by Vindication
Low end B.C. Rich guitars are built with the notion in mind that if it looks cool, it doesn't matter how it sounds.

...That is possibly one of the worst notions ever to grace a guitar company.

Not to mention B.C. Riches are so fugly...

I agree with the Dean comment...Gibsons are overpriced, and most Epiphones are crap (you can get an Agile that's just as good, if not better, for cheaper). You might be able to find a used Jackson for that price; their mid- and high-end guitars are nice.

VINDICEDIT: READ BELOW HERE DAMNIT

If you think a Bronze Warlock sounds good, you're not ready for a $1200 Fender.

dont be hatin on the epis! i might get an elitist to, and just because i liked the guitar doesnt mean i wanted to buy it, god, whatever hapended to free will of asking questions?
Quote by Arlabester
dont be hatin on the epis! i might get an elitist to, and just because i liked the guitar doesnt mean i wanted to buy it, god, whatever hapended to free will of asking questions?

You said you thought it sounded good - with an ear for tone like that, you're certainly not ready for a $1200 Fender.
Quote by Vindication
You said you thought it sounded good - with an ear for tone like that, you're certainly not ready for a $1200 Fender.

you know what i have two words to say, that i lay unto you (lol): HOLY CRAP
dude...

P.S. your on ignore list vindication
Yes, i got my BC Rich for $450, and anybody who bashes BC Rich, and braggs about a $1200 fender, or an ibanez, or a gibson has wasted their breath, and possably their money too. I like my guitar, would i have bought it if i didn't? besides, I think fenders and gibsons are over priced, gibson pickups for the most part are terrable, and single coils get too noisey with high gain. And maybe "thud thump thump" is what i want when i play with distortion. Aside from that, i can even get the famed gibson Les Paul "woman tone" out of my guitar... so suck on that
Remember people...tone is subjective.

Arlabester, I've heard that the NJ series BC Rich's are decent-why don't you check out some of those?

Also, I still think the Elitist is the best choice...Unless you REALLY want a unique shape.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Remember people...tone is subjective.

Arlabester, I've heard that the NJ series BC Rich's are decent-why don't you check out some of those?

Also, I still think the Elitist is the best choice...Unless you REALLY want a unique shape.

xenn you are all knowing BUT this was just a simple question. anyway you know ive been looking at the American Deluxe HSS Strat, and i wonder..i have that hummer, great for punk, and then the two hot sc's, the perfect, most versitile guitar in the world! but, i rlly want the LP, so lemme ask this, do i rlly need all that versitility in that strat? or should i get my guitar design build for me? oh yeah, and the gibson sg, i played one and it was kickass, but will the quality fade over time xenn? people in my band will hate me for gettin an sg tho-_-
Last edited by Arlabester at Jun 29, 2006,
If you can find a lutier to custom build you a guitar to your specs for $1000, do that. No guitar will ever top a guitar that you design to your specifications.

As for versatility, it depends on what you play. Do you play a whole lot of music? Or have you found your own style that you're going to stick with?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ok well i like to play about damn everything, lots of mcr, tbs, jamiroqaui, so deep purple here and there, some random video game crap, and i can get my guitar build for around 1200 bux, i wish i could show you, and xenn, did you answer my sg question?
Nope, missed the SG question..

If you were looking at an SG Special, I suggest you pass it up.

The SG standard, however, is a nice guitar. I'd recommend it.

And with your band "hating you" for getting an SG? Tell them they're lousy friends and bandmates. Don't concern yourself with what THEY want. Focus on what YOU want. If they hate you for using an SG, ditch them. If they are THAT close-minded about guitars that they hate you for having an SG, they are pathetic.

With the versatility issue, why not check out a few guitars with coil tapping? That way you'll get all the versatility you need.

Since you like SG's, look into the Washburn Idol series. They're really similar to SG's, but I really prefer the idols. Also, nearly all of them come with coil tapping stock. Most come with Seymore Duncan pups as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
thanx xenn, you powned my noobish topic again and sent it to its grave, strat and sg here i come, thanx mate!

PS: im lead, it works for the lead guitarist right?

PSS: my ? was will the sg lose its quality? (not will the finish fade, will it start to suck )
Last edited by Arlabester at Jun 29, 2006,
Absolutely. Either way, the SG or the Strat will work fine for lead. Try them both out, along with some Washburns and anything else you happen to like the look of. Pick what you like best.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
No. As long as you take care of an instrument it will last. No worries there.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Anytime. Good luck with your new purchase.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Vindication

That's gotta be the first post I've ever seen from you without a Vindicedit.
^But then Slipknot fans won't break stuff to your music!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Who cares about slipknot..They are the worst band ever..How come people think they are heavy metal??They arent even metal..They suck..period
^Aww...you poor kid. Your sarcasm detector must be broken.

I was being completely sarcastic. The dumbass from slipknot is the only person I know of who actually uses a BC Rich.

And I believe they're classified as "nu-metal."

And we all know "nu-metal" is code for "sh*tty music."
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
BC Rich has gone way down hill pretty much the only guitars they make worth even holding are the custom shop guitars every other guitar is made out of agathis and nato horrible tones and their pickups suck. and slipknot dont even use BC Rich anymore mick switched to Ibanez, so Kerry King is all they have left
I have a BC Rich Warlock Bronze Series. I really like it because i got custom pickups in it is probably. Why. Sounds really good, really clear, very nice sustain, heavy and clean as it comes. Perfect guitar for my style of music (Hybrid of All metal types and Hard Rock)
the neck thru nj series are insanely awesome guitars...i played one the other day and it blew me away. and their only like 6 or 7 hundred so not too bad.
Quote by Xenn99
I was being completely sarcastic. The dumbass from slipknot is the only person I know of who actually uses a BC Rich.

And I believe they're classified as "nu-metal."

And we all know "nu-metal" is code for "sh*tty music."

Lol, Mick Thomson hasn't used BC Rich guitars in at least a year. He uses custom Ibanez RGs, and has done since BC Rich couldn't/wouldn't make custom warlocks to his specs.

"Nu Metal" is actually code for "anything that came out between 1996 and 2002" hence why SOAD and Slipknot are the same genre as Deftones and Staind
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
BTW if you want to play gay MCR and stuff.. than your gonna want a really really gay guitar to fit in nicely with the band .. proably like a oh wait.. a BC RICH!! lol ..
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
Page 1 of 2