Page 1 of 2
Right well im tired of the "Guitar Gear and accessories" thread being completely over-run by: "What amp should i get" or "Are MG's tube?" - oh yes that question has been asked believe it or not.

So anyway. Lets keep this educational and il go first.

I love the mark IV, its versatile and the lead tones kick ass. I just love it, its my workhorse. Rythmn tones are amazing and articulate.

OK i dont own it yet but will shortly i love the triaxis it is absolutly amazing.

Also what Rack wah is that the DSR 1 or DSR 2 and how is it
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
DSR-2. Bloody amazing wah. Im a petrucci nut so it does everything i want in that department. its very good wah. very tweakable.

The triaxis is golden, wat power amp are u gunna use with it.
most likely a Marshall 9200 with 6550s im gonna run it in stereo with a Marshall JMP-1 its gonna be awesome btu if i can find one im gonna upgrade the 9200 to either a Mesa Strategy 400 or a Coliseium 300
hey this is an awsome thread for us Mesa users....

I currently am running my strat through a Lonestar Special head....it's such a solid amp loaded with EL-84's and not many guitar players i know have ever heard/used one

it's awsome cuz I can run it on 5,15, or 30 watts....on 15 watts with my drummer it sings kinda like a british type amp would (Marshall-esque?)

clean channel is probably the most underrated part about it....great sounding with decent reverb to back it up

this amp is awsome and it was just what i needed when i spent 6 months playing and looking for different amp heads (Marshall, Orange, and Naylor just to name a few)

glad I made this investment.....

and for all of you who haven't tried one....I most certainly recommend it before trying out other classic gain type amps
Sex is like a gun, you aim, you shoot, you run - Steven Tyler, Aerosmith
I like the lonestar its just not my cup of tea i like the mark series and triaxis better
I <333333333333 my Nomad. Same ass whooping as a dual rectifier, but still leaving some midrange, and some of the best cleans you're gunna get out of a Mesa.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Adam, you sure do have a lot of Marks!

How much are you selling your JCM2000 TSL601 for?

You cant have too much mesa's!

are u in the UK. i have it on ebay at the mo and its £500 and its the 602 model

with 2x12" speakers.
Quote by adam02
You cant have too much mesa's!

are u in the UK. i have it on ebay at the mo and its £500 and its the 602 model

with 2x12" speakers.

Can you PM me the link to the ebay auction.

Thanks.
I like the lonestar its just not my cup of tea i like the mark series and triaxis better

yeah for sure I can understand why....Mesa kind of went in a different direction with the lonestar series....

instead of all the high gain amps they sell the Lonestar Classic is a very clean amp with lots of head room....to where as the Lonestar is more like a classic Marshall-type amp with the EL-84's and can only play at 30 watts (trust me that gets PLENTY loud) and it has a good clean channel which many amps of this nature don't have

EDIT: the Lonestar SPECIAL is the one with EL-84's

plus i think a Lonestar Classic can handle hard rock easily....anybody ever tried boutique overdrive pedals?
Sex is like a gun, you aim, you shoot, you run - Steven Tyler, Aerosmith
I f**kn love my F30, it sounds awesome, it's little, but blows the roof the house and it's the only thing I can fit in my room at the moment, later on down the road I want a dual rec half stack
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Yea mesa rocks.... i have a single rectifier head with el-34 tubes installed and a 4x12 recto cab and it sounds awesome
how much was your mesa boogie mark iv? i really want one but i think they might be a little too expensive for me!!!
Well Enough Alone
(as of 2 days ago) I got a 2006 mesa dual recto(new) with a 4x12 road king 3/4 back cab with 2 black shadows and 2 vintage 30s (owned by jumbo elliot from the jets who collects amps... basicly its brand new). I F***ING LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not yet had the pleasure of bringing the amp above 10 oclock but at about 9 oclock it sounds like a giant rock monster with mountains for hands puching you in the chest!!!!
Quote by deansouthpaw
hey this is an awsome thread for us Mesa users....

I currently am running my strat through a Lonestar Special head....it's such a solid amp loaded with EL-84's and not many guitar players i know have ever heard/used one

it's awsome cuz I can run it on 5,15, or 30 watts....on 15 watts with my drummer it sings kinda like a british type amp would (Marshall-esque?)

clean channel is probably the most underrated part about it....great sounding with decent reverb to back it up

this amp is awsome and it was just what i needed when i spent 6 months playing and looking for different amp heads (Marshall, Orange, and Naylor just to name a few)

glad I made this investment.....

and for all of you who haven't tried one....I most certainly recommend it before trying out other classic gain type amps

Cleans underrated? HA! The Lonestar has the best cleans I've ever heard.

But yeah, my Mark IV combo is the best amp ever. Nuff said.
Hi, I'm Peter
i just picked up my electric guitar for the first time in at least 10 years. I had built this thing up from a body/neck kit back in about 87. flaming hot pink body, floyd rose, 1 double-coil in the bridge, 1 hot rail in the neck. sanded the thing down to the bare wood when i realized how goofy the color really was. along the path of life i quit playing guitar entirely. but i still had my electric stashed in the back of a closet in my parent's house. back in the day i had a gk 250ml until it got stolen. i really did like that thing a lot. built 2 home-made speaker cabs for it. it roared and spit nuclear flame like godzilla. but all the while i would see pictures of the mark 4 and i don't know why but it always intregued me. fast forward to about 6 months ago when i decided to dig my old guitar out of the closet. i've been really disillusioned with music i've been hearing. i pray for the youth that there is some kind of authentic underground scene lurking out there somewhere. a scene like the old new york hardcore (and punk in general) i was privelaged to witness back in the 80s. anyway, i decided to look for an amplifier. i was originally going to get a head to go with my cabs. i looked at the line 6 spider. i looked at the randall mts150. then i came here. and it was just all tube-tube-tube-tube. then the boogie name reappeared in the reccesses of my cranium. i read review after review. looked for new and found the ashdown. then i considered used. went to ebay. searched the boogies. i had my price limit... and my wattage limit. 50, i figured was all i'll ever need and plenty more. my search lasted for weeks. then a candidate appeared. it was a 50 caliber combo. i searched for reviews. i called out for opinions on this site. all came back positive. so i pulled the trigger, so to speak.

$575 and a week later the amp was in my living room. it needed all new tubes, and when i checked the prices on line i crapped my pants and almost asked the seller to take it back! then i went to my local music shop. they had tubes at 1/4 the price.

i still have yet to replace 4 out of the 5 pre-amp tubes. my guitar is in the shop for some repairs (it's been sitting in the closet for the last 10 years). i have yet to push it past living room lvls. but i think this thing is only gonna get better.
I'll vouch for Mesa. I LOVE my Dual Rectifier! I got it off of eBay last month and am now having to change the tubes . It's all good though, I can't wait to get the new set in. Mesa all the way, baby!
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
another happy Mark owner checking in.

Quote by deansouthpaw
....anybody ever tried boutique overdrive pedals?

I've owned the V-Twin preamp/OD pedal if that counts. It was a great sounding pedal for everything from cleans to hard rock. True bypass, and 2 channels for clean and lead, with the full EQ of a regular preamp. The clean channel also had a blues/dirty setting for some extra gain. New preamp tubes really improved the gain a lot, but the solo channel just wasn't quite tight enough for the metal tones I wanted, at least on it's own.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I'm a proud owner of a Mesa Recto. Std. 4x12 cabinet and soon to be a proud owner of a Dual Recto as well.

I'm enjoyin' life right now
i love my mesa 2x12 cab with black shadow c90 and ev200watt speakers. im saving up for the mark iv to go with the cab. it'll be a sexy combination i think.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by Dirk Gently
Cleans underrated? HA! The Lonestar has the best cleans I've ever heard.

But yeah, my Mark IV combo is the best amp ever. Nuff said.

He means the Cleans arent as popular as they should be, he didnt mean that in a bad way.
^^^ True. But at the same time, I don't think anyone's actually played the Lonestar and gone "meh..." But yeah, a lot of people are probably put off by its relatively small size/low wattage. And we know how important numbers and size are to guitar players. But yeah, my dream rig is a Lone Star, probably half stack, A/B'd with my Mark IV. Schwweeeet.
Hi, I'm Peter
I like mesas, I just like engls more...

I did like the lone star though. Didn't like the drive switch though.

I want to get to try the lone star special, obviously. And a mesa mark IV.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ive went through a lot of amps in the last few months, and i finally got a Mark IV (should have just saved for it from the get-go) and my God do i love it. 909.99 off of ebay shipped, a nice lilttle 1x12 package complete with a roadcase (it was a steal let me tell you) and it just rapes rapes rapes.

the lead channel sings so wonderfully, and still nails any metal or -core tones i can ask of it. its perfect, its what ive always wanted for an amp. its sad taht so many people buy rectifiers and get so much less for virtually the same price.

the tonal bliss of this thing is unbelievable....its just so dynamic and responsive, i can FEEL me in the music that comes out of it, thats what nohting ive had before did (not even my engl ....maybe that was the poweramps fault?), but wow.

im sure theres some random boutique amp or 3-5k thing that sounds even better, but dont tell me, ive finally found tonal bliss, dont **** it up

my only gripe is the delay trails off sounding too..."digital" for my tastes...*shrug*

oh well....carry on fair mates!
How does the reverb sound digital? It's analog spring reverb with a tube in the circuit. It's delicious.
Hi, I'm Peter
nope i meant delay, for when i pretend to be petrucci and you just gotta fatten up that tone a wee little bit more

and that was prett stupid about the rack gear thing. I clearly stated i got the amp dirt cheap off of ebay, if you noticed....909.99....find my as versatile and good sounding rack and cab for that price. even if you go for the cheaper stuff, its next to impossible. carvin t100 and an engl 530, even used, with a decent 2x12 or 1x12 cab...youre at easily 1k...and thats only 2 channels with no effects or switching...think about it...and good luck scoring a quad or 20/20 (something i would have wanted) on the cheap etc. to build a rack cheap, you get a rack you dont WANT, just one you can afford, thats why i didnt build a rack. pull your head out of your ass before you talk next time
Quote by ThisPerishedMin

and that was prett stupid about the rack gear thing. I clearly stated i got the amp dirt cheap off of ebay, if you noticed....909.99....find my as versatile and good sounding rack and cab for that price. even if you go for the cheaper stuff, its next to impossible. carvin t100 and an engl 530, even used, with a decent 2x12 or 1x12 cab...youre at easily 1k...and thats only 2 channels with no effects or switching...think about it...and good luck scoring a quad or 20/20 (something i would have wanted) on the cheap etc. to build a rack cheap, you get a rack you dont WANT, just one you can afford, thats why i didnt build a rack. pull your head out of your ass before you talk next time

And if learnt how to read, i was clearly stating Reverb rack units.

Quote by adam02
i think he means reverb. But if u can afford a mark IV you should be able to afford Some rack units.
roadkings.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by electrik
Well its not the amps fault you have a digital delay pedal...

And if he's talking about a Boogie with on-board digital delay, he probably got one made in China that actually says "Mesa/Bogee"
Hi, I'm Peter
Page 1 of 2