Okay, 1 grand is the maximum I am spending on a new guitar. I play only metal.

What I am looking at:

ESP M-1000
ESP M-400 or MH-400 with a pickup change

Umm that's it. I need some more suggestions. I don't like the Schecters (I've played pretty much all of them), and it needs to be a neck-thru. I already have an Ibanez which I am fairly pleased with, so not another Ibanez.
Obviously the dude is looking for metal guitars. I'd reccomend an Ibanez, so I'll shut up :P You should look into Music Man guitars though. Amazing playability. Only other guitar make I've found to be up to par with Ibanez in terms of feel (for shred especially)
Quote by i_baked_cookies
Okay, 1 grand is the maximum I am spending on a new guitar. I play only metal.

What I am looking at:

ESP M-1000
ESP M-400 or MH-400 with a pickup change

Umm that's it. I need some more suggestions. I don't like the Schecters (I've played pretty much all of them), and it needs to be a neck-thru. I already have an Ibanez which I am fairly pleased with, so not another Ibanez.

Ibanez RG1570 with new pups.

Rock on, brother
ya defintiely the ibanez for shred, the shcecter c-1 hellraiser's nice or any shcecter over 800 bucks. some esp's are shred worthy, personally i would stick to ibanez get a top notch rg
Quote by casualty01

btw, you're annoying me.

banned.

Cas-
Check out Carvins,,,,they make some really fine guitars,,,,for right around $1k you can get a CT3 ,,,,you can make whatever mods you want to it too,,,basically customize it however you want,,,but its extra,,,,,the only downside to buying Carvins is that it takes something like 2-3 months to get it cause they custom build it for you. www.carvin.com ,,,,,,or you could go jackson
he said it has to be neck-thru which all ibanez' in his pricerange are not, they're bolt-on. He also said he doesn't want another ibanez.

I would suggest a Jackson RR5 if you like V's and don't need/want a trem.

If you want a trem and/or don't like V's, there's the Jackson SL3

If you don't like V's and don't want a trem, Jackson SLSMG

All are great guitars and around $1000, and I'm sure you'll be able to find one for $1000
Schecters are the sex! Jackson V's are always fun as well....
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Right now I have an Ibanez RGT42DXFX that I am in love with... and getting a 1000 dollar guitar means selling that. So I was thinking about getting a set of the BKP Miracle Man pickups, and having a guitar that I love just without the trem. If I had a trem I would just F with it forever, plus I always go to different tunings all the time... and I like sustain.

So maybe dump around 300 smacks into getting the perfect pickups, and saving the rest to spend on crackers or juice or something.
EC-1000 for LP style with EMG's
Ex-400 Explorer style with EMG's

That's my choices
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
have you tried the schecter hellraiser fr idk about the neck seems liek the metal guitar though
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
www.carvin.com

ibanez and schecter are great values, but honestly, you CANNOT BEAT a CARVIN (for under 3 grand, not to mention they come at around 1 grand, depending what you want)
-Mike
You should buy 2 guitars around $400 a piece and then replace the pickups. :0

Thats what I would do atleast.
why would you get an MH400 with a pup swap for metal? it's got an 81/85
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Jackson DKMG 2006 model is pretty good with EMG 81/85 and you could save a couple of hundreds for buying it. It's always a good idea to save some money in case something happens.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by SpIkE27Z
why would you get an MH400 with a pup swap for metal? it's got an 81/85

I hate the EMGs with a passion, they sound like garbage. The only good active pickups I've played that sounded good were are the Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewires... they sound freaking sweet.

Anyways, I'm probably going to go with the pickup upgrade on my Ibanez... I still haven't played a more comfortable and shredable guitar.
If you have an Ibanez for shred/metal stuff, get another guitar for a different purpose. Else one of your guitar's will be useless. I'd recommend a Gibson, following my advice. I like Les Pauls, maybe a Black Beauty? Or SG/Firebird.
Schecter Damien 6-FR...
ESP Horizon FM Standard
Spider II line 6 30 watt
Uber Metal - line 6 effect
well stop harrasing the man about ibanez and schecter...
bc rich nt series... around 700, some include floyd rose, some dont
perfect if you want a neck through and pickup change...
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
if you have an ibanez that youre happy with, and it does fit your style, wouldnt it make tons more sense to put the 1000 towards amplification?
Woops, I was thinking of a trem swap not a pickup swap since the only bad thing about the MH-400 is the liscensed Floyd.
Last edited by El Codyo at Jun 30, 2006,
RG1570 with a DiMarzio high output X2N in the bridge and you'll scream.

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
oh man you'd be crazy not to get a carvin - you'd take an ibanez over a custom made beautiful carvin? ibanez is good, but when it comes to the 1k budget, i think they take a second hand
-Mike
if you like the mustaines, try out a DV8-R...
Founder of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join

Member #6 'I <3 mids' club. PM Roc8995.

My Name is: Tony
http://www.carvin.com/products/gisList.php?CID=SB

check out this list of guitars on the carvin website available for immediate purchase carvin is GREAT

you can also get one custom made but it takes 7 weeks :\ I'm still waiting for mine

the reason they are so cheap is that they build them for you and ship them right out of the factory

the CT6 sounds nearly as good as a PRS Custom 22 when it is 1000 less. Take my word.
I agree with the Schecter Hellraiser.
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06