Hey need some advice.

Played guitar for 15 years, had kids, stopped playing, sold the rig and all eqipment to finance Wife's schooling and internship.

I played a MexiStrat recently and just kept hearing the same things that bothered me about the JapStrat, so those are out of the question. Want something different.

Anyhow, getting back into it - on a budget of course. Found a new PRS ES EG (no trem) for $299US an hour from here. I used to play a Jap Strat (60's reissue) and before that Charvel with Floyd Rose.

The price sure seems right. Opinions on these? It seems with some minor Mods like pups, tuners, nut could be nice.

BTW I registered today just to ask this question. I have it on hold till Saturday.
Last edited by CunningLinguist at Jun 30, 2006,
$400 or so, please correct me if I'm wrong? I have seen it for as little as $350 elsewhere and as much as $450.
May as well go for it, even though I don't think PRS's should have SSS setups that's a great price.
What exactly turned you off about the MIJ Strat? I have a 1984 MIJ Strat and it wipes the floor with the PRS you're looking at. I agree with Danno, PRS shouldn't have an SSS configuration.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by YoungPilgrim
What exactly turned you off about the MIJ Strat? I have a 1984 MIJ Strat and it wipes the floor with the PRS you're looking at. I agree with Danno, PRS shouldn't have an SSS configuration.

I had it professionally setup twice by different shops after I tried to set the intonation myself. It was never quite right. It was always power chords in tune or funky riffs in the 15th fret in tune, never both.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
so what is your budget? what type of music do you like to play?

My budget is $600 for a guitar and amp. Looking at the Vox modeling amp for around $300.

Play a lot of funk, some blues, and some Rage against the machine Chili Peppers type stuff.
I would like to be able to cop a strat type tone - doesn't have to be spot on- as well as heavy thick distortion sound. Will prolly put a single space humbucker in it.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
like a hot rail or chopper

Thats what I was thinkning. It seems like the guitar is worth making upgrades to.