I want to replace my whole pickguard on my strat copy. My middle pup went out a few months ago, and i'm looking into buying just a humbucker pickguard with a vol knob. This is just for a kick around guitar, since I just bought a new Ibanez RG.

I know I need to buy the pickguard, a humbucker (thats a given) and a volume pot, but what else do I need to buy if I have a soldering iron?

P.S. this will be my first customization job for guitars.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
You dont need a new volume pot, the one(s) that are already with it will work fine, you also need to take the pickguard off and see if the body is universally routed, if it's not then you cant change the pickup configuration. But it probably will be if this is just a cheap strat copy. If it isnt routed to where a humbucker will be possible dont worry, there are plenty of super high gain, humless single coils out there, my personal favorites being the Seynour-Duncan SRH-1 Hotrails, and the Seymour-Duncan Lil' Screamin Demon.
my body is routed for a hsh config, and I want to change out the pot because the one I have now is scratchy.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
A 500k pot is usually used for humbuckers.

But it sounds like you have everything you need.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
You dont have to change the pot, just clean, go to radio shack and get a can of tuner cleaner, spray it all over it and then work the knob back and forth for a few minutes, should get rid of any scrathiness and any other noises. If your only gonna have a single humbucker then I'd suggest getting a Gibson 498T, It doesnt need an accompanying pickup to give you really great tone, and it isnt too expensive either, that or a Seymour-Duncan Invader...
^Screw that.

A new pot is going to be just as cheap and better in the long run.
Probably better in the short run too.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...