So I dropped my guitar off at this guys house who works on guitars for a living. He basically runs the shop out of his basement and does work for music shops in the area.

Anyways, I gave him my new SH4 pickup and a pack of new strings to put on my guitar... he said he would have it ready for me tomorrow. He gave me a price aswell, but I would like to hear what the normal price is to get one pickup installed.

Whats everyone here paying?
ya do it urself man any1 with an IQ over 50 and a soldering iron can install a pickup..how do u think all the stoner guitarists pull it off
Squier Stratocaster
B.C. Rich Beast
Conrad 40110 (12-string Acoustic)
15 Watt Squier Amp
12 Watt B.C. Rich Amp
PODxt Live
The cost is usually 35-50 per pickup. You can do it yourself, it isn't a hard thing to do.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by imapunkforlife
ya do it urself man any1 with an IQ over 50 and a soldering iron can install a pickup..how do u think all the stoner guitarists pull it off

Lol, well he is charging me $35

If I can find a cheap-o guitar i'll experiment on it, but im not looking to do that on my Schecter. :p
At my local Store it cost anywhere between 25-30 for a Whole Harness. So for one it would probably be $10.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
yeah dude, Cmogi10 is definitly right. its not that hard. but obviously right now its easier for this other dude to do it. before I had a soldering iron, I went to this crazy dude whos awesome and owns a sweet music shop, and he did it for 20 bucks, which I say is a fairly decent price, but in the long run its cheaper to do it yourself if you plan on doing this a few times in the future. but if its just this one time, 20 bucks is a good price.

how much this guy charging you anyway?
Schecter Jolly Roger
Epiphone G-310
Behringer V-Ampire

Quote by Chungavelli
Yes, but if Bob Dylan were from Holland, he'd be an asshole.

Member #3 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
35 can get you a nice soldering iron and a lifetime of solder. Practice your joints on random pot's and wire, it will get easy in no time. Ya mess up you fix it, voila, soon you wont mess up. Next thing you know you'll be wiring amps by schematics.
Quote by Cmogi10
35 can get you a nice soldering iron and a lifetime of solder. Practice your joints on random pot's and wire, it will get easy in no time. Ya mess up you fix it, voila, soon you wont mess up. Next thing you know you'll be wiring amps by schematics.

Or he will fail miserably and throw his soldering iron out his window, which then penetrates an innocent bystanders heart. And next thing you know the threadstarter is just fresh fish waiting for Bubba to claim him as his bitch in the showers of a penetentary. (jail)
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
^haha thats me i suck at soldering.... paid 50 for my EMG job
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
i payed about 30 per pickup for my emg's. i like to get it professionaly installed. i dont want to be responsible for screwing something up.
Jesus Rules

SLAM DANCE
yeah those pups are like 200..so i paid the damn money
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3