Thrive.
There's something primitive in it;
Stirring and rousing,
Finally alive.

Watching people unite;
Realise -
All the unrequited loves
Requite tonight.

Bah, this is experimental throwaway stuff, I suppose. Thought I'd put it out there nonetheless, though. Enjoy.
ρ
Quote by scousertommy

There's something primitive in it:
Like seeing an animal fight for its life and die
- but the opposite of that.
I told Coleridge I feel ugly today.

Here we sit.
I see everything animate.
Defribulate.
Thrive.
Stirring and rousing,
Finally alive.

Watching people unite;
Realise -
All the unrequited loves
Requite tonight.

Bah, this is experimental throwaway stuff, I suppose. Thought I'd put it out there nonetheless, though. Enjoy.

yeah for you ronan. awesome job this reminds me of that 5 part piece i loved so. I havent much liked your late work but this. i like. I dont know why i like it. I mean i just i honestly cant tell you why after reading it multiple times I love the first stanza love the reptition of "theres something primitive in it" and unrequit/requit. Anyways i have nothing to say. If your returning "Loss of destiny and desire" in my sig

-Mike

p.s. whenever i crit i always try to find at least ONE thing i dont like so its not all praise. but i honestly cant in this case and if scarredfaiths week is up, i think this deserves a sticky. but thats just me
Last edited by TrigFunction at Jun 29, 2006,
There's something primitive in it:
Like seeing an animal fight for its life and die
- but the opposite of that.
I told Coleridge I feel ugly today.A response to romanticism! Super! I love how the Hibernian writers here are interested in the classics. Your neo-existentialism is convincing and very well befitting of the harsh state of the world today. Your argument is olid, and it's not just a red herring. Pesimistic. I love how you have been able to say so much in so few words.

Here we sit.
I see everything animate.
Defribulate.
Thrive.
Stirring and rousing,
Finally alive.Not only is the content full and continuous, but you have managed to make it flow in excquisite fashion.

Watching people unite;
Realise -
All the unrequited loves
Requite tonight.WOW. wow! wow; wow? Perfect.

This piece is perfect, do not change a thing. Minimalism is often attempted but rarely mastered as well as this. Publish this. I am putting you up for WOTM (and SOTW). I adored this. Ireland is in good hands!

You may find this interesting as it portrays a similar situation to the republican dilemma...
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381988&goto=nextoldest
Really good.

Then the last stanza was prolly the best closer I've read in a long time.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

i don't know about the classical and stuff links, but I can kind of sympathise with the subject matter, and I love your description of kissing as animals fighting
Heh, thanks people, I'll get to yours right away!

Heh, pooch, I'm not actually into the whole republican thing (I was just kidding around in the international comp thread ), and I actually vaguely dislike all things overtly Irish in my writing/reading!

Mike, thanks, I owe you waaay too much crittage at this stage, I'll get to yours first I promiiiise!

I'm surprised and glad people like this, cheers!
ρ
I wasn't implying your position or anything, just stating that it probably is an issue that interests you. Oh and all this Irish talk gets me thinking, I got a bottle of Harp at this restaurant for 3.50$CAD, which is like the price of domestic. Keep up the writing man, as I was saying, I adored this piece, and keep it up.