i've been thinkin of scalloping my frets and i was wondering if it is hard to do and if i should do it myself or not. Also, i have an epi tony iommi SG so it has cool fret markers and i was wondering if it would affect the look of them
Gear:

Epi Les Paul
Epi Tony Iommi SG
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss Noise suppressor
Boss tuner
Marshall 1993 Jcm900 Stack
i believe it will screw up the fret markers. i dont know exactl;y how hard it is to do but i been wantin to do it for a while too. but if you got the moeny to spend on an Iommi sg you might as well spend the money and have some one do it for ya
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
If your dead set one doing it, get it done professionally. You don't wna ruin your guitar. I personally wouldn't do it unless it was on a cheaper guitar.
just asking, whats the point of scalloping your frets?
President of "Blink 182 Fan club" club
PM Me to join

Set-up
My very own baby with LED's
GX212 Ultratwin by Behringer
MT-2 boss metal zone pedal
scalloping your frets would totally make the inlays disappear.
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
^ hopefully it would make them disappear. I've seen some scallops on this site where you can see a bit of the inlay, and it looks like total ****. This would probably happen with the Iommi sig inlays too, sence they are so big. they would probably dissapear in the middle, but still be there on the edges closest to the frets.
I've never seen an SG scalloped, or any Gibson for that matter.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by CoolDudeMorgasm
I've never seen an SG scalloped, or any Gibson for that matter.

I believe that the one guitarist for Judas Priest now has a scalloped Gibson. Thats what it looks like at least. Check live at the Budokan 2005?
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Yer I wouldnt do it, personaly it doesnt make much difference, only i find that bending is easier because there is no friction betwwen your finger and the fretboard on a scaloped.
thanks for the advice, i got the idea after playin the Vai jem and it had it's last few frets scalloped. I'll probably leave it if it will ruin the fret markers
Gear:

Epi Les Paul
Epi Tony Iommi SG
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss Noise suppressor
Boss tuner
Marshall 1993 Jcm900 Stack