ok so this is my first custom job. i took an old pos strat copy i got a few years ago and switched it up a little. i basically repainted it and changed the neck and pups. heres a pic of what i got:

but once i rewired it all i got was a loud buzzing sound and no output. i tired the input jack to see if that was the prob but it didnt do anything. i cant get no sound in any switch position any input would be great
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
i cant help you but that looks great, ive always wanted to do that with and old guitar
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
yeah i stole his paint idea cause when i went to paint i drew a bit of a blank
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
yeah i know, i need to give him props. without his idea i would have probably painted it a solid color again. so props go to slashnmash
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
The paint looks bubbly... The design looks kind of bad too... I'm sorry.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
The paint looks bubbly... The design looks kind of bad too... I'm sorry.

Yeah those bubbles are called fish eyes. It could have happened from dirt, debris, or oil from your hands. Before you paint next time, get a tack cloth and completely wipe down the surface. It'll save you the pain of having that happen again.

And check all your wires again, make sure nothings crossed, or you've soldered them in the wrong places. hell check your solder, make sure you are getting a good connection
Hmmm. Check that everything is soldered properly first. Work from the hot lug of the jack, and all the way back to the earth. Good old troubleshooting
thanks for the tip on the paint. ill trouble shoot the wiring. i got a diagram for fast bear for the pup config i wanted.

thats fast bears diagram that i used. but when i wired it all up i made sure it was wired exactl;y like his diagram siad and all i got was fuzz.
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
ok so heres the deal. thanks to everyone that helped me with ideas to fix t myself but after trouble shotting and getting nowhere other then almost shooting my guitar i decided to take it to a repair guy. he looked it over and is just gonna rewire the whole thing and change some parts. some my others were quit old so. but ill post some new music when i get it back. watch for my sig when it gets done cuz ill post the links there.
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
cant wait to hear those clips man......... jeez- for makin 20 guitars you shure cant wire very well- or paint well for that matter.

you must stain all of them, sound clips would be great man

peace