I am a bassist and I recently joined a band. The people in it are all pretty talented and have great potential (I think, I like to think of myself as one who sees talent).
But there are some problems
1. The singer screams (not really bad though). Now I know some people like this, but that's because they're stupid, there is no reason anyone wants to hear: Rahhhhhhhhhhhh Braaaggahhhhaaa. How do I get him to see this? He doesn't have a terrible voice and he has good lyrics, so why not put it out there?

2. We have a rhythm guitarist and a lead rhythm guitarist, if you don't know what I mean (only one barely does leads), things that aren't solos he thinks are: you can hear this at our myspace (I HATE MYSPACE) there's a bridge after the 2nd chorus that he says is a solo (its not)

I've been in the band for a couple months and I'm trying to take charge to change us for the good, so people will want to hear it.
I've already gotten the name changed from Universal Projection (shudders) to HemaVenoM, it's a step up (it basically means poison of the blood)
PEDOBAITING:http://pedobaiting.proboards100.com
Quote by RM_Midnight
are you allowed to talk, aug. '06er?

Quote by Dancing Fool
I hope I don't get sigged.

Quote by _Mayday_
Raven, of course you know RM_MIDNIGHT.
He's the people's champ!

SNICKERS SONG
I wouldn't worry about it, you guys sound pretty good. If you really want solos in your songs(because all bands have to play solos), print out some scales and show them to both of the guitarists...hell maybe the rhythm guitarist will be interested in solos, or play songs that have solo's in them already. And if you're terribly worried about the singer only screaming, try playing covers of songs that have little or no screaming in them and then tell him, "you know, you could maybe try singing that way on one of our songs", couldn't hurt.
Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.

Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.

Raoul Duke: Not yet, I want to study its habits.
sounds good, i was gonna try something like that, but it's gonna be tough, thanks for the input
PEDOBAITING:http://pedobaiting.proboards100.com
Quote by RM_Midnight
are you allowed to talk, aug. '06er?

Quote by Dancing Fool
I hope I don't get sigged.

Quote by _Mayday_
Raven, of course you know RM_MIDNIGHT.
He's the people's champ!

SNICKERS SONG
Your new name sucks just as bad as the original. Also, some people like screaming vocals - your singer, for one. Oh, and don't make music so that other people will want to hear it.

And GeordinVishell, bands don't need to play solos.
Quote by DeliriumTrigger
Your new name sucks just as bad as the original. Also, some people like screaming vocals - your singer, for one. Oh, and don't make music so that other people will want to hear it.

And GeordinVishell, bands don't need to play solos.

I know, sarcasm isn't very recognizable via internet.
Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.

Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.

Raoul Duke: Not yet, I want to study its habits.
LAWL @ your profile pic on a swing... And btw, your singer has a frickin amazing voice. And that riff is pretty sweet.

Bands don't need too many solos...
You call that screaming? It's not. It sounds good with the music, if he would sing as you want it would sound lame. And real screaming kicks ass, if you dont like it, change band, you just joined uit. You shouldnt take controll over it.
Yahyah
I'm with the guy above me, I've heard lots of annoying screamign and I really don't like screaming but what your singer is doing sounds good on that recording perhaps he is different normally, but that song he has a good sound. Maybe it's you who has the problem. I mean you seem to be the one that's unhappy so maybe rather than change the band you need to get out and let them find someone who will enjoy what they do. Harsh I know but if you aren't happy with it but they are you don't need to try to change them it just makes you seem like an ass.
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
I like his vocals i think he tries to push his vocals a little to much tell him to realx and it will flow a little smoother and sound better nice voice though.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join