I can't decide whether to play guitar or to play hockey.
I love both. If I play hockey then I cant take guitar lessons and if i play guitar I can't play hockey.
I could play hockey and guitar but I couldn't take lessons and id never get better. I think that I should devote 100% to one.
Also I have been playing hockey for 2 years and guitar for 1. And I have already taken lessons but I don't think that i can be self taught and still get good.

Please help me decide.
guitar!!!! you can play hockey, and not guitar, so get better at guitar!!!!
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

That's tough, man. Try thinking of it from this angle:

I assume you're talking high school hockey, or something similar. You have the rest of your life to play guitar, but after high school, your opportunities for playing hockey will be much, much reduced. I understand that both are pulling on you, but IMO, guitar can wait.

That, and it's not like you can't play during the season. This site is an excellent resource. Some people don't learn so much from practicing by themselves, but people here at UG can help direct your practice so you can get at least some things done
i taught myself to play bass im real good and i started teaching myself guitar im getting pretty good at that too
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
they are right, I taught myself and have been playing for three years. my dad has been playing since he was thirteen, he is now 48. guess whos the better guitarist? me, he took lessons, I took lessons for three days, broke my arm, couldn't play, so I taught my self, and now I'm a good guitar player, bass player, and drummer. all self taught.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

I've been teaching myself and using lessons from the site and i dont think i would be any better with a teacher, but hockey you get to hit people alot
I've played hockey for 8 years and i've only been playing guitar for 7 months,,, i would choose guitar over it any day...but is your decision..
WHat?????? I played Midget AAA for one year and Junior B the next and I managed to play tons of guitar...

that's pathetic?
Quote by Cmogi10
WHat?????? I played Midget AAA for one year and Junior B the next and I managed to play tons of guitar...

that's pathetic?

and thats not helping.

anyway threadstarter, i suggest you go with the hockey. youve got your whole life to play guitar (and its not like UG wont help you! the internet CAN be a very reliable source of guitar help and education).
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Next time you're doing either, just think hard about how it would be if you couldn't do it anymore. Then go with whichever one you feel would make you happier after thinking about it for a while.
i think you could do both. i love nothing more than working out at the gym and playing basketball then coming home and playing guitar. i am usually exhausted after playing sports that i just relax with my guitar. also, hockey mostly involves your legs so your hands won't be as tired or sore after a game or practice so you can still play a guitar. it'll just suck if you get a bad hand injury since you might not be able to play either.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I guess I could teach my self but Im really stupid when it comes to guitar so I might not be able to learn how to tap or read music.
And I don't even know why you learn scales.
I would see which of the two would take you furthur in life.. Being somewhat intelligent with a guitar.. or knowing how to play hockey.. You have to pick one that you feel most comfortably with.. I don't see why you can't possible learn from anything but lessons..
Dude, play hockey and get the frustration out. Knock some guy on his ass and conquer. You can play guitar later. Besides, hockey is great exercise while playing guitar can be very booring at times.
Quote by Siciliano
Dude, play hockey and get the frustration out. Knock some guy on his ass and conquer. You can play guitar later. Besides, hockey is great exercise while playing guitar can be very booring at times.

(directed towards that last statement) then your not doing it right.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"