Has anyone played a six or more stringed bass. Five strings i can understand but 8 string basses seem a little stupid.
I own a sixer but i hardly ever play it because it is horrible, i should of saved up to buy a better one, but o well. Chances are, that later on I will get at least a 7 string.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Mr. Levin is playing a stick, or actually a Warr guitar. I play a six string bass, and it gives me everything I need. Some people need 7-12 strings, thats just how they are. No instrument is stupid, not even the whamola. Remember, to each his own.
^^^Couldn't have said it better, bumper. Although, you have to admit the Whamola is pretty much borderline on the "stupid" part
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
^Very, very borderline on the stupid part. Btw, have you ever heard the Primus song Whamola? It's pretty nifty actually.
I have played a six string, and quite enjoyed it. However, I was a little out of my depth. I may invest in one further down the line, especially as I play some fairly complex fills in my music. The ability to reach more notes with less hand movements will help considerably. Personally I wouldn't bother with the five string, though. And, well, I know I'll come back to the four nine times out of ten. Four is my home, and will always be more comfortable for me.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by mangablade
that just me, or is tony playing a chapman stick?

he is.

I've played a six string bass many times, my dad has one. it's quite good. use it for the higher range and the tighter B string.
Quote by FbSa
i've played this "12 bass" but I about punched the dealer in the face cause it was a 12 string guitar modified to fit the E-A-D-G bass strings on it. A sad day for bassist everywhere.

that was tripled strings, right? well, we're talking about undoubled strings, a tuning of C#F#BEADGCFA#D#G#. or was it a twelve string guitar tuned in fourths?
I'm saving up to buy a cheap 6 string (a shine on www.gak.co.uk ) and if i find i use it more than i thought i would, then im gonna save for a decent one. i rarely use my B string though as its a bit too thick for fast picking.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
A guy who goes to my school made an 11 string bass.
But, theres chapham sticks, and those are pretty freakin' cool.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I may get a six string, and may tune it EADGCF(2 octaves below guitar standard) or a seven string, but not in the near future; five strings are all the range I need.
I've seen a 12 string (6 bass, 6 guitar).
Wouldn't dar touch it though.
^Sounds like it could be a customized chapman stick.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
I may get a six string, and may tune it EADGCF(2 octaves below guitar standard) or a seven string, but not in the near future; five strings are all the range I need.

TWO octaves? o.O you're crazy!
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Bumper
^Very, veryBtw, have you ever heard the Primus song Whamola?

thats a frog brigade song foo. he uses it on his hallucinogenetics dvd, and he used it when i saw him live

its kinda scarry when he plays it though, he always wears that ****ed up monkey mask.....
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by Forcemaster
TWO octaves? o.O you're crazy!

i once saw a bass that , if i remembe, was tuned C#, F#, B, E (as in, a total of more than 2 octaves below guitar standard E.
^ Yeah Sub Contra bass, its available from a certain luthier that makes basses for that JauqoIIIX guy.
Quote by mangablade
i once saw a bass that , if i remembe, was tuned C#, F#, B, E (as in, a total of more than 2 octaves below guitar standard E.

yeah i've seen that, crazy... I would've thought it had passed out oif the range of human hearing by then...
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
yeah i've seen that, crazy... I would've thought it had passed out oif the range of human hearing by then...

C# is past hearing range, maybe D is too... so much for my theoretical drop D tuning.

but I may get a sixer.