I found a brand new Fender Deluxe Players Strat in 3 tone burst at a local guitar center for 500 bucks. It comes with vintage noiseless pickups which I don't really like but I think I can sell them. Anyways, do you guys recommend the players strat or a regular MIM strat with 3 single coils. 2006 MIM strats in the burst finish, which I like a lot, are around $430. The deluxe strat comes with gold hardware, the noiseless pups, and a button thats like s-1 switching. It's also made from ash instead of alder. I played the players strat and it felt better than the MIA strat I tried earlier. Later I found out the MIA strat needed a neck adjustment. Also, I will be getting SD pups for either strat. Any input is appreciated.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Deluxe players strat

Try out the Vintage noiseless, you may like them
SD as in the hand wounds or Seymour Duncan?

And the Deluxe Players. Thinner finish (satin) breathes better than poly which produces better tone.

www.sdpickups.com

Check those out.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Last edited by StratRat13 at Jun 30, 2006,
SD as in Stevens Designs pickups. I talked to Dave already and I have a pretty good idea what kind of pickups I want. So far it seems like the players strat is the way to go but more opinions will be great. Thanks.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce