Hi i'd just like to know whats so great about the fender stratocaster or les pauls i'm not saying their bad or anything just want to know why people are so fond of them.
since i was just in a LP thread:

this is why i DONT like les pauls:
Quote by mangablade

1) wieght
2) fret acess
3) dont like set necks
4) hate the tone, im a strat guy
5) never liked mahogany on mahogany, thats too much mids for one man's balls
6) i think the LP shape looks bad. yeah seriously!
7) atleast the gibsons, cuz i havnt tried epi's, are way overpriced
8) both of them have made crappy quality LP's lately too.

i like strats because its easy for me to find a decent one for around 400ish cdn (MIM i mean), that can play real nice and smooth, and give a nice bright tone to it, and i like the looks of em, and for 400, you cant say its overpriced. with about 200-300$ worth of mods, i'd take it as my main gigging guitar (tho i dont play guitar as a main instrument, i play bass). Hell i'd take a non modded MIM strat as a gigging guitar, i'd just need to set it up for me first (by myself of course). but anyway, from the "lp hating reasons list", most of the opposites hold true for the strat (ie, its bright sounding, bolt on, nice fret acess etc.)
Because they're both excellent, and classic guitars. They've both been around for years. Both are versatile instruments that have set the groundwork for nearly all current electric guitars.

That's why people love them.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Because they're both excellent, and classic guitars. They've both been around for years. Both are versatile instruments that have set the groundwork for nearly all current electric guitars.

That's why people love them.

well said
maybe you should play them to find out why so many people like them....?
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by mangablade
since i was just in a LP thread:

this is why i DONT like les pauls:

i like strats because its easy for me to find a decent one for around 400ish cdn (MIM i mean), that can play real nice and smooth, and give a nice bright tone to it, and i like the looks of em, and for 400, you cant say its overpriced. with about 200-300$ worth of mods, i'd take it as my main gigging guitar (tho i dont play guitar as a main instrument, i play bass). Hell i'd take a non modded MIM strat as a gigging guitar, i'd just need to set it up for me first (by myself of course). but anyway, from the "lp hating reasons list", most of the opposites hold true for the strat (ie, its bright sounding, bolt on, nice fret acess etc.)

not hating its just every strat that ive ever played feels cheap
Quote by jimmypage7
not hating its just every strat that ive ever played feels cheap

nah thats cool that you have an opinion, but could you explain further? what do you mean by "feels cheap"?
dont get me wrong i loved the sound but the neck doesn't feel as playable(myabe its just the mim strats)
Quote by jimmypage7
dont get me wrong i loved the sound but the neck doesn't feel as playable(myabe its just the mim strats)

ive played many lp's and strats, and tbh, its barely ever about the guitar, in terms of neck feeling playable. sometimes, if its a neck profile that youre not used to, or if its extremly thin or thick, than yeah that affects playilibity.

but what im saying, is more often than not, its just a poorly set up guitar. i love my SR505 bass to DEATH. ive set it up perfect for me and i love it.

but that said, ive played 2 other SR series basses that ive hated playing on cuz of the set up.

but if ur at a guitar store, you can just ask them (and really, you SHOULD) to set it up for you. that way you can see, in the best condition, how the guitar you might buy, can play.
yeah its just every strat i play in the store needs alot of fret work done(easy fix though i guess)
Quote by jimmypage7
yeah its just every strat i play in the store needs alot of fret work done(easy fix though i guess)

not really. a set up, i think by a pro, is like 20 bucks ish? (dunno tho) i always do it myself, action/intonation/truss rod.

FRET WORK, on the other hand, i think costs 150-300 bucks? only worth it if you're using a guitar worth 2-3k+
you know what you should do....?
stop looking at lp's and strats and play a schecter.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by Ostin

i like the schecter e/a it really looks sweet!
Quote by Ostin

tbh, my stores never have any.

(btw, realize i play bass as my main instrument.)

but man.. i hate talking bout guitars/basses

amps do so much more for the sound
Quote by mangablade
tbh, my stores never have any.

(btw, realize i play bass as my main instrument.)

but man.. i hate talking bout guitars/basses

amps do so much more for the sound

so what percentage of your sound do you think your pickups,amp/pedals and guitar(wood)has to do with it?
Quote by jimmypage7
so what percentage of your sound do you think your pickups,amp/pedals and guitar(wood)has to do with it?

pups: 10%

guitar(wood): 10%

amp: 80%

the only times guitars have noticable difference in sound, is between a strat and a lp, one's got woods that are MADE for bright sounds, and the others got full mahogany, which is all about the mids ,so u can hear the difference there. (thats wood)

for pups, the only noticable differences, i find, is: how well a pup takes distortion/cleans, quality of it, and single coil vs humbucker.

past that, amps make ALL The sound.(and pedals of course)
Nah.

Amp is 70%
OD/Disto Pedals are 50% (They cut into amp tone)
Guitar is 30%
^of which, wood is 15% and pickups are 15%.

IMO
Quote by Danno13
Nah.

Amp is 70%
OD/Disto Pedals are 50% (They cut into amp tone)
Guitar is 30%
^of which, wood is 15% and pickups are 15%.

IMO

ill agree with this too. any percantage where wood/pups are about the same, and they are much less than the amp (pedals).