What good if the trem on the DXMG? Will it go out of tune easily?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Licensed Floyed Rose, not a great trem, but it get the job done, most of the time. Try to find one with a Original FR.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
some LFR are good and some are bad...try it out
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Licensed Floyed Rose, not a great trem, but it get the job done, most of the time. Try to find one with a Original FR.

I'm on a pretty tight budget (best i can get is a KE3), so OFR's are out of the question, and I dont really wanna go used.

some LFR are good and some are bad...try it out

In the store it was good, but I dont know if it will hold okay for frequent playing and not just an hour...

if its jt580 then could be a direct swap out for a ofr

The website says its a JT580 low profile double locking licensed trem, but the one i was playing is from earlier production and I dont know if they changed the trems along with the other stuff they changed.

Assuming it is the JT580, will it stay in tune well?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
^ it won't be great.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm...do I need to reset the whole bridge every time it will go out of tune or just fiddle with the tuning machines on the bridge?
fiddle... but they will eventually degrade to the point of not ever staying in tune...
Founder of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join

Member #6 'I <3 mids' club. PM Roc8995.

My Name is: Tony
^Assuming I'll abuse it more than Kerry King and Dimebag Darrel, how fast will that happen?
instantly... and kerry uses a kahler...

Instantly?? Are you serious?
naw... but i wouldnt expect more than a year with that kind of abuse

I've had good experiences with the Jackson trems. My friend has an RR-3 and I set it up and did some maintnence on it etc, and I was wanking with it for about an hour and seemed pretty good. Althogh usually any of those cheaper Asian licensed ones don't seem to hold up for long.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
Would it be possible to change the trem after it will die completely? and how much does an OFR cost usually, cause Warmoth are offering them for 170 USD and its a bit of a stretch for me...
^ i think I've heard that warmoth are as cheap as you can get them in the USA...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?