ive been playin guitar for 3-4 years and now i want to get a bass.I want to get bass that has the sound of classic rock...Any suggestions??
Classic rock = P/J configuration, try the Ibanez GSR series for lowend p/j stuff, and the squier P bass standard,
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
I found that a fretless jazz has an excellent sound for classic rock.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by Forcemaster
Classic rock = P/J configuration, try the Ibanez GSR series for lowend p/j stuff, and the squier P bass standard,

P/J for classic? I've found J/J or single P much, much more common for classic rock. The P/J is more associated with 80's hard rock/hair metal.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
P/J for classic? I've found J/J or single P much, much more common for classic rock. The P/J is more associated with 80's hard rock/hair metal.

Right you are, I seem to be getting my times mixed up, apologies.

Ignore my post
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
J/P/J pickup configuration

personally, I don't understand why people want a 'classic rock' and such tone. I prefer to have my own tone and play.

a fender would work best for classic rock, methinks.
Fender Deluxe Zone bass. P/J active pickups.

Id offer to sell mine but i'm trading it for a guitar soon.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Fender Jazz, or Precision. either will do great. the "P" is more "boomy". the "J" is a little more "twangy". i prefer the jazz neck over the "P". imo