Page 1 of 2
Hey guys i was wonderin what is the best best guitar for punk, punk rock sound and style im a newb at being guitarwise not actually playin newb

and... also what is best amp for punk,punk rock sound and distortion
noo i was just wonderin i actually getting a BC Rich Mastwer Warlock 700 aussie bucks alot and its my first so yee
your spending 700 on your first guitar?..And its a bc rich.Your not going to be taken seriously as a guitarist with one of those
Slash uses a Bc Rich :p every1 loves slash :p but most of those guitars are very comical. not very punky in my mind tho
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
what ya mean ye its actually my second guitar my first was accoustic and i been playin for year and im only 11 turnin 12 haha and it wont be my only guitar

wat u mean i wont be taken seriously
welllll.....have you ordered it yet?
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
don't get a bc Warlock... the one that slash used was actually somewhat cool looking... for punk i'd go w/ maybe a gothic sg, Les Paul, and if all else fails a strat(but i wouldn't suggest it) what ever u get... it's gotta be black, that will help it look "punkish"
i getting it from mindaire music centre and coz i student ther i get discount so it is actually like 650 bucks
i heard squier r bad dunno y tho i heard talk of a telecaster dunno nothin bout em tho and i heard another guy say about a epiphone or howeva u spell it
for christ sake! listen to him! DONT BUY A BC RICH!!! They are terrible!!!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
i no and btw i go to quinns baptist college
and slipknot USE to use bc rich now they use ibanez and i know it dont really look punk i just like the look
ah, theres your major fault your buying your guitar on looks rather than playability though if your dead set on a bc rich what amp will you be getting
i dunno the one that comes with it but i might sell it and get another with the money

i thinking of a marshall
i no i wont get alot for the amp coz it 15 watts but i got 80 bucks and if i sell it for like 30 bucks 110 should be enough for a good amp i think???
Quote by Saint-Jimmy
www.bcrich.com if u want then go to guitars then warlock then scroll down it is black and white

did you actually read the specs or decide you like the shape? Because unless your going to be playing stuff like Slayer and Cannibal Corpse all day long and literally nothing else, that guitar is worthless. And SLIPKNOT, the band that spends about 12% of their talent on guitar work, said BC Rich sucks. They are probably the worst guitar for punk you could buy. Here are some other good ideas with unique shapes.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0259200306

Fender Jaguar. Perfect punk guitar with a unique shape.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

hellraiser avenger, good all around hard rock guitar guitar

http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/SG%20Specials/

the perfect punk guitar
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Jun 30, 2006,
Quote by MetalMilitia212
did you actually read the specs or decide you like the shape? Because unless your going to be playing stuff like Slayer and Cannibal Corpse all day long and literally nothing else, that guitar is worthless.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0259200306

Fender Jaguar. Perfect punk guitar with a unique shape.

price is not that great aswell
I thought te price was pretty good, but still its a better deal than BC Rich. At least you get a guitar, not condensed sawdust in the vague shape of one. anyway, St. Jimmy, LISTEN TO US. Your going to hate yourself once you get that guitar.
Dickless.
ebay, musicians friend, local dealership, etc.

It doesnt have to be from the site, it was just a pic with the specs.
Dickless.
still that guitar will fetch money up into the 4 figure region heck even the mim strat cost more than the bc rich
Quote by victimized124
don't get a bc Warlock... the one that slash used was actually somewhat cool looking... for punk i'd go w/ maybe a gothic sg, Les Paul, and if all else fails a strat(but i wouldn't suggest it) what ever u get... it's gotta be black, that will help it look "punkish"

i own the gothic les paul studio, and it's definitely not what you want for punk, unless you want to drop pickups and get a lighter set, because it is definitely a heavy metal/ prog rock guitar. it wouldnt work for punk. what posesses you to play punk anyway? at least here in america, punk is only a few chords repeated over and over. no real talent required. try something a wee bit more challenging, like some old black sabbath
hey i back and i wanna play stuff like blink 182,Green Day

and i havent got a lot of money i looked at all guitar links you guys had

also i heard its the person playing the guitar
hmmm... tom did use his strat before getting the hollowbody and billie did use a strat copy before getting the les paul jr. so theres either two things to do: a)get a strat or b) get a gibson
Page 1 of 2