Today my dad and i went into town (he was going to a job meeting). So we stopped by a shop called Förstärkardoktorn (The Amp Doctor, though they don't repair amps). I bringed my Crybaby (wich i hated) and said i wanted to trade it in (my dad had to come with me sicne you have to be over 18 for it to be approved). I was gonna get a Big Muff, but they didn't have any. At the meantime my dad (who plays guitar) picks up a Hollow body Gretsch electromatic and a guy in the shop plugs him ina Micro Cube and they play around. I look at pedals and finds a Boss SD-1 for 500kr, wich is nice. But then i see something green. No it wasn't a Maxon (they arenät sold here) but an Ibanez TS-9 Re- issue. I feel tempted. I say to the guys (five in the staff there and my dad and me are the only ones there) and i want to try it in something similar to my JCM900 and they plug me in a DSL. I love the sound and say i want it. Now my dad has changed from teh Gretsch to the other one hes conserding buying: a Classic 50's Strat wich he falls in love with. The pedal had some price off (normally they are 1595kr, now it was 1395kr, but i got it for 1295kr). So i get home and plug it in. Wow! Awesome for crunch. I played it on clean channel and then used the TS-9 for crunch. Alot better then the disotrtion channel. So now i have a "three cahnnel" JCM900: Clean (well standard clean channel), Crunch (Clean channel+ TS-9) and high gain (standard distortion channel). The TS-9 is awesome alot better then my dad's TS-7. Teh Ts-7 sounds quite averege (not bad, but not to good either), but the TS-9 is awesome. Buy one now!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yay for spam!

I was thinking of getting a TS-9, but the Maxon one, just to pwn Gabe
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
^ Yeah we try to compare our gear and who pwns who and so on. Still Pedro i love you! (no not in that way you perv)

i wnated a Maxon actully, but they aren't sold at all in Sweden, but the TS-9 should do if i say so!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Get two, SRV stylee

Also the Tubescreamer kicks ass on bass.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
underbart du!
dock gillar ja inte förstärkar doktorn så mycka längre... dem har en del schysta grejer men ja hatar deras "hård rock" avdelning. finns ju fan bara Jackson

DLX ska d va
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
woot!!!!!!

Woot!!!!!

my DSL got cranked the other day. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^Not the TS-7, it made the bass have zero impact (it left no bass).

Good idea on two TS's. I could use my dads TS-7 for solos.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by joel_grieve
woot!!!!!!

Woot!!!!!

Nice, the one i tried was DSL 50 and it was quite nice.

Visst Förstärkardoktorns hårdrocks avdeling är väl inte så bra (men jag lirar inte hårdrock så jag bryr mig inte), men de har lägst priser.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

it was at like 2 in the morning as well. no mids at all. uber scooped.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I like the tinny sound, I sometimes use eq to remove all the bass from my basses sound, leaving just upper mids and treble, and its for the sections of my songs with just vocals and bass. it sounds pretty cool.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
interesting. either what ped doing is a stroke of genius or he has no idea about how to eq. either way
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Awsome Gabe. I should really go try one. Im going to the guitar shop today though so I guess I will if they have any out there.

Yeah do. They are very nice!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Ive got a wonderfull AC/DC tone out of my TS-9. All the knobs on it set on 12 o clock and then 5 on gain on clean channel (giving a clean sound) and prescense, middle, treble on and bass at 5. Really dry and sounded just like their studio sound!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Crunch!!!!
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
woot!!!!!!

Woot!!!!!

I got to use one rather loud in a shop with a Gibson LP Studio (Wine red *drools over t-shirt) sounded very nice!

And glad you're happy with the TS-9, I just got my Small Clone today, very nice and versitile pedal!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
and you said you werent looking for an overdrive
crazy how things change huh?
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
Quote by joel_grieve
interesting. either what ped doing is a stroke of genius or he has no idea about how to eq. either way

It's Ped you're talking about. It's obviously a stroke of genius.

Gabel, I'll have to try to find one of these pedals and give it a test drive...
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I had a TS-9... I kinda... well sold it. Had no use for it lol. Uber Peavey preamp gain ftw.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
Quote by Gutch220
You should re-buy this amp

Why? I like my JCM900 (i think they sound more or less the same). My favorite on my JCM800 was full gain on clean channel, wich is just teh same on the JCM900, but i want to be able to have clean/ crunch and my TS-9 makes the same sound (actully even better).
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band