ok. so i got my austin, and i lvoe it, except the action is too high for my tastes, and i want it to be somewhere around the same height as my SG, and i have never had a strat style trem before, so i dont know how to raise/lower the action on it, and once i get that done if anyone is kind enough on UG to tell me how, and then do i have to intonate it and tune it again and junk?...if so, how do i do that with a strat style bridge?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

jenny should be on anytime soon. she might be posting her guide up but if your lucky i may post up some links you can go to, to see how its done
awesome.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

sorry been busy this weekend. anyway, its logs pic. so just raise and lower each saddle to height preference, use a tiny allen wrench.

after ur done then check ur tuning at the 12th fret.
use an electronic tuner, compare the fretted 12th to the 12th fret harmonic.

adjust screw #2 until the two readings match.

and im sure phil's^ links said all that anyhoo.

this is an excellent strat set up page. dont adjust the truss rod ...
http://www.icepoint.com/guitar/Setting%20up%20your%20electric%20guitar/index.htm
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yay jenny came!...alright yeah, both you guys helped, thanks
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

^haha, thank phil, pretty sure he meant guy in a unisex way.

but gad i could help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yes i menat thanks guys as in everyone that helped, obiouvsly jenny is a girl cause her thing says "im jsut a girl"...alright...im done...thanks guys and girls!...w00t
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn