i am probably going to get a standard strat hss sometime later this year and i might change out the humbucker. im looking for something that is good for acdc-type rock and some heavier stuff. it doesnt have to be great for metal, thats what i use my ibanez for but anyway i want it to sound good for lead and rhythm, and i like a lot of mids and treble in my sound. any suggestions are welcome. i was looking at the seymour duncan custom. any thoughts on it?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
what kind of metal well if it was my guitar iwould get a dimebucker or a emg hz
um i dont need to play much metal so i dont want the dime or emg. also, i am willing to spend a good bit, but not a ridiculous amount. id say around 100 or less. maybe a little over if i have to
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
im lookin for specific models. like the one i said: Seymour duncan Custom. Do you know any specific pickups?

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
try GFS Crusader? i think thats what its called
its a hot pickup, a duncan invader clone
not too expensive either

guitarfetish.com i think
try a duncan... good for heavy stuff, but not limited to heavy stuff in the way that, say, a EMG is...
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Angus young Sig pickup is pretty good, tony iommi pickup is good, Suymore duncun High distortion pickup is good, Dimarzio Blaze is also Good,
Swineshead pickups...I'm fond of the Venom, but you should check out their range. Also, they look cool in woods and graphics
Gear:

Ibanez SoundGear SR300DX Bass

Digitech BP200
Quote by mbuu007
what kind of metal well if it was my guitar iwould get a dimebucker or a emg hz

the dimebucker errr not that great but recommending the emg hz cmon seriously
first get the fat strat not the standard. unless thats what u meant.

second...
alnicoII -acdc in an LP. no clue about an alder strat.
JB - high treble
Tone Zone - high output, more mids than the JB
Custom - ok for rock, not as high spirited as a JB

check out Pearly Gates. more balls than a custom, still good rock pup.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011