buy new ones, they're a few bucks.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
or you can get electrical contact cleaner and using the straw-nozzle thing, spray into the holes in the back of the pots, then roll the nobs back and forth.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
What about WD40. I heard that works also. Do I need to unsolder the pots from the guitar in order to do this or can I just pull them out?
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Why dont you just change them? Its easy enough. Just look and see what value you have, and order new ones.

I have absolutely no money and I am in debt.
My Volume pot works fully until it is on 10 or max or whatever. Then it just cuts out. Is that a bad pot?
Quote by jmac72187
My Volume pot works fully until it is on 10 or max or whatever. Then it just cuts out. Is that a bad pot?

That happens to my Godin's volume pot at 9. Hmmm its probably just a bad connection, but I have never felt like fixing it.
Quote by jmac72187
What about WD40. I heard that works also. Do I need to unsolder the pots from the guitar in order to do this or can I just pull them out?

No, don't use WD40 or any other oiled based lubricant because it can cause short circuits. Silicon is a much better electronic lubricant
Quote by jmac72187

could be a loose connection somewhere