So I was reading my friend's Hartke HA4000 owners manual when I came across something that surprised me...On the "Setting Up and Using your HA4000" pages it says for step 2 or 3 (I forgot which), it says "Find a place to put your HA4000 amp head, (we suggest you avoid putting it on top of your cabinet(s))" and I was like wtf?...Isnt that where amps are always placed?...I dont mind breaking tradition but if you shouldnt put it on the cab where should you put it?...Do they mean dont put it directly on top of the cab?...As in, put it in a rack and then on top of a cab?...Will putting an amp on top of a cab cause damage to the head?...

"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
IIRC, in the days when tube amps were the only amps available, bass cabs used to vibrate so much they damaged the heads. Which is why seperate head/cabs are preferred for large bass rigs, and, I guess, why that manual recommends not putting the head on top of the cab.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
^I see...
But is that usually a cause for concern?...Nowadays with SS amps?...Has anyone here every damaged their head due to excessive vibrations....from the cabinet?

I dont think 400 watts into a 2x12 will cause it to rumble excessively so its ok to put it on top of the cab right?
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
It says that so that dumbass (sorry!) americans wouldn't get hurt by it. Does it say "Do not put in the microwave"?

Im 90% (or so my logic tells me) sure, that it's there because some doo-doo would put a head on his cab (which is not carpet finished, but rather - plastic or vynil), his cab would vibrate, his head would slide, and slide, then it would fall and break.

The doo-doo would sue the company for not stating that in the manual. Easy as that.

I'm also surprised how we get our manuals: the english section is like 50 pgs long, whereas russian is like 25... And the English portion has FFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAR more "don't" than the russian one. I've read on my car polish:

1. "Not to be used as skin lotion" (!!!)
2. "Not to be used on shoes" (!)
3. "Not for ingestion"
If it says dont, then dont. Set it next to the cab.

Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by Bassilo
It says that so that dumbass (sorry!) americans wouldn't get hurt by it. Does it say "Do not put in the microwave"?

Im 90% (or so my logic tells me) sure, that it's there because some doo-doo would put a head on his cab (which is not carpet finished, but rather - plastic or vynil), his cab would vibrate, his head would slide, and slide, then it would fall and break.

The doo-doo would sue the company for not stating that in the manual. Easy as that.

I'm also surprised how we get our manuals: the english section is like 50 pgs long, whereas russian is like 25... And the English portion has FFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAR more "don't" than the russian one. I've read on my car polish:

1. "Not to be used as skin lotion" (!!!)
2. "Not to be used on shoes" (!)
3. "Not for ingestion"

you're quite the funny guy bassilo...
doo-doo!

but wait, are you insulting me?....no, I'm kidding, I understand what you're saying...If a burglar can sue a homeowner (his victim) for personal injuries suffered after he BROKE INTO the homeowners house and WIN THE LAWSUIT than surely some doo-doo head can sue a company for not specifically stating something in a user manual...only in america...

I guess that answers my question though, so thank you bassilo for that hilarious and creative answer....

kinda harsh on Americans a bit though dont ya think?....nah, me neither...just know that we're not all like that...

i hope...