The second song in The Anubis Complex project.... (first one was Chapter One: Aftermath, if you missed it... check that out first, or you won't get this song). Enjoy.

The Desolate

Desolate,
When questions remained unanswered and
The jury still stands outside

Remind me,
When this is over, done and dusted,
That I don?t need to hide

Oh dear God, not again?.

Luthia!
What the hell have they done to you?
What the hell did they do to me?
Bastards!
Take this damned needle out my chest,
And let me out of this prison chair

Introvert,
When I see only what?s inside me, writhing,
A parasite within my very soul

Kill me,
When this is over, done and dusted,
God, leave me in this hole

*Instrumental*

With your angels heaven sent,
Watch over Luthia,
Cause her no harm?

Believe in me, lover,
I won?t fail you now,
Anubis shall die soon,
But I don?t know how

(Three-part lyric cycle thing)

1. I will not fear him, his time is due
2. White rabbit, where did you come from?
3. Sounds of the dying, what?s happening here?

Fighting the demons in my head
(Escape, the need for blood to be shed)
Don?t make me do this, please, I beg,
(Don?t fight the voice inside your head)
Fine, I?ll kill them all

White coat, get out of my way
Who are you to stand before
The nightmare that you've created
White coat, get out of my way,
You made me, and now you must pay,
I?ll kill you all

I?ll kill them all

This song is when Sindri is walking westward, through the desert, pursuing Anubis. He is tired and confused, not knowing the truth (hence the jury standing outside). He gets a flashback to when the lab he was in was destroyed, and his rage at being experimented on, but more particularly that Luthia was being used, and he vows that they?ll escape somehow. He prays for Luthia (with your angels heaven sent?.), to get God to protect her from harm whilst he figures out what to do next. The three line lyric cycle (sort of like when you do kum bay yah, start at different times) represents the confused stage between coming out of the flashback, the conflicting environments- the one in Sindri?s head, and the real environment. He?s subconsciously cursing Anubis, in the first line- his underlying emotion. The second line- he thinks he sees the white rabbit leading him on. The third line is still the flashback, which he slips back into- the destruction of the laboratory, where all the scientists are dying. He fights a battle with himself, as the genetic modifications are taking over (Almost like Satan tempting him). Sindri loses control, and goes on a rampage, escaping the laboratory and forgetting about his dying wife. He vows to kill everyone, thereby confirming the success of Anubis? experimentations.

Cheers for reading, and for your interest in this project.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jun 30, 2006,
I really like most of it. My favourite part is how some of the stanzas begin with single words; it's a nice touch. If there was one thing I could correct, I would change this:

Before I set my fist to autopilot,
And plot co-ordinates for your face
I?ll kill you all

I like the message you're conveying, but the imagery in the second and third lines is kind of corny and throws the mood for the whole song off.
Quote by Paddles
I really like most of it. My favourite part is how some of the stanzas begin with single words; it's a nice touch. If there was one thing I could correct, I would change this:

Before I set my fist to autopilot,
And plot co-ordinates for your face
I?ll kill you all

I like the message you're conveying, but the imagery in the second and third lines is kind of corny and throws the mood for the whole song off.

Aye, I see what you're saying, and looking at it now, it does sorta throw it off...

Edited lyrics in first post
Pretty nice! I would like to hear it sung though.
I'm Steamengine
I am MAN!!!

Signatures are overated
Quote by gregorisgod
I like this, in my head it plays as a sort of poetic narrative thing, and the descriptions are well placed and provocotive.

Good job. I'm looking for your first now. =)

It's in his sig, I believe.

Anyway, well done. I'm looking forward to the rest of these. The imagery is sort of surreal(in a good way).
I like the way you edited the "white coat" stanza. Nicely done.

When I think of how this would be sung in my head, I think of the vocal pattern in the bridge of Metallica's "One" (the whole 'landmine' part.) Were you thinking of this too, or do you have a completely different rhythm in mind?
Quote by Paddles
I like the way you edited the "white coat" stanza. Nicely done.

When I think of how this would be sung in my head, I think of the vocal pattern in the bridge of Metallica's "One" (the whole 'landmine' part.) Were you thinking of this too, or do you have a completely different rhythm in mind?

Completely different rhythm... I'll try and record some for you, as soon as I get my recording stuff back
its a kickass song...keep working dude...peace
My gear:
1982 Peavey Falcon
2004 Les Paul
2006 Peavey Transtube
2007 Youngblood 100w cab
2002 Dean Playmate Bass
2002 Dean Bassola
Oh dear God, not again?.

Luthia!
Bastards!

I love this, I love your first one too, I want to hear this. great job. I could be wrong but it sounds like Claudio Sanchez's writing is one of your influences?
Quote by MANATEEN
Oh dear God, not again?.

Luthia!
Bastards!

I love this, I love your first one too, I want to hear this. great job. I could be wrong but it sounds like Claudio Sanchez's writing is one of your influences?

I am a fan of Coheed, but I try to keep my own style with writing. I've been sitting on this story for years, but have only just found good enough musicians to bring it alive with music... I much prefer Queensryche, however, they really got me into this whole concept album idea, a la Operation Mindcrime
this reminds me of an ancient hymn i don't know why but maybe cuz it's so epic. this is great. keep on penning
Damn thats awesome. I'm criting all of your peices, and i'll state my thoughts in part 3.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"