I'm thinking of getting one of Michael Angelo Batio's instructional DVDs, "Speed Kills" or "Speed Kills 2". I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with either DVDs and which one is better, or maybe you have another suggestion that would be even better for increasing speed and helping with your shredding techniques.
sigs suck
yes, i was considering the exact same thing before i realized that the whole first dvd is just batio teaching you how to play "No Boundaries", which is fine and well considering it contains nearly every shred technique, but i was hoping more along the lines of technique-improving exercises or routines...that's when i found John Petrucci's "Rock Discipline" instructional dvd/book...it contains nearly 2 hours of lessons, full of exercises and tips on every shred technique from sweep picking to legato and beyond, as well as warm-up tips and exercises...the dvd also includes bonus live footage...however, it is on the expensive side, mostly priced at over $50, but it is worth every penny...if you're on a budget, the speed kills dvds would be fine, but i would go with rock discipline if your wallet allows it
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Axe_grinder is right.
I jind John petrucci to be a lot more in-depth with his lessons, it's a lot better for just improving techniques.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Yet, if you have any kind of conscience, you'd also buy it if you liked it.

Anyway, there's basically two types of instructional video's. There's the technique type such as Rock Discipline, and then there's a whole different type that deals more with the mental side of playing and improvisation. Which one do you want?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I'd recommend Rock Discipline + Melodic Control. A lovely combo for getting the techniques and then using them effectively.
Quote by Tarzan_man
I'd recommend Rock Discipline + Melodic Control. A lovely combo for getting the techniques and then using them effectively.

go friedman
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.