Hey, does anyone know anything about the Fender Squier Stratocaster SP? I saw an ad for one for $200 and want to know if its worth it.
they r good guitars but i suggest u buy a fender strat not a squire strat. um in terms of buying it , then i suggest you do only if u dont have a guitar like this (as in shape, nd brand) but if u do then dont.
yes they are decent starter guitars, nothing special but good enuf for a first guitar
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
They are good beginers guitars. Especially if you buy the starter pack which comes with either a 10 or 15watt practice amp. There were a few things that needed fidiling with when i got it such as the correlation which is easily done if you know what to do. Or if you dont a guitar shop will kindly do it for you
Hywel

My Equipment

Squier Strat
Ibanez AR-300
AXL Electro Acoustic 12 String
Palma Spanish Guitar
Johnsons Mandolin

Fender 15 watt frontman practice amp
Fender 65 watt Princteon amp
how long have you been playing, again?
it might be a good deal if its your first guitar.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
If it's a squier standard, then yes, it's an allright quality guitar.
And the squier 51 is awesome.

But bullets, the affinity series etc etc. are pretty poor.
Actually, I play bass, but one of friends plays guitar and was looking for a new guitar. But, I think it is the starter pack, so it's not much of an improvement. Thanks for the info, though.
my first guitar was a squier strat...but whos was'nt! :stickpoke
Jackson Guitars
CoUrTeSy of BedOfRazors509
^^Ya my first guitar was a Squier too. It was only one of those affinity strats but I always just pick it up and play it's a solid guitar.

What starter pack is this if it's the one with a 15watt amp it's a pretty good deal i'd say. Since I payed $270.00.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by BedOfRazors509

ha ha! my first guitar was a silvertone strat!!!

silvertone :stickpoke squier
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by 6touch6of.evil6
They're so horribile that wen u switch the pickups they barely even sound different

thats not true. your retarded. shut up.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by 6touch6of.evil6
Well the one i used was ****

go away.
the

Quote by I_Pwn

my first guitar was a Peavey Raptor and my second was an Austin double cut (which at the time sounded like a god), nd my 3rd was my squire (which in my opinion is the best, bc it stays in tune and sounds better than the peavey)
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by red star
ha ha! my first guitar was a silvertone strat!!!

silvertone :stickpoke squier

My first guitar was a 1963 fender Jaguar. It ended up getting stolen back in 92. I'm still sore about that.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
^^Ya my first guitar was a Squier too. It was only one of those affinity strats but I always just pick it up and play it's a solid guitar.

What starter pack is this if it's the one with a 15watt amp it's a pretty good deal i'd say. Since I payed $270.00.

yeah thats what i got, it is still a pretty solid guitar (ah good times)
Jackson Guitars
CoUrTeSy of BedOfRazors509
Squiers are ok. Avoid the bullet series. If you mod the electronics and pups it will sound much better. I would probably get an MIM strat though. This way you won't think of upgrading guitars to quickly after you find out how Squiers are generally perceived. Also, the Squier has very little trade in value and they're almost impossible to sell out right. You can find a used MIM strat for around $250 in very good condition.
get a squier if you wanna do clean stuff, get a cheap les paul special if you wanna do some more crunchy heavy stuff.
My first guitar was a squier strat from that starter pack. I loved that guitar even when I got my current guitar (an epiphone g400, which I didn't like as much even though it was a better guitar). It plays really smoothly. I gave it to my best friend Jackie about a month ago for her birthday though because she was always going on about wishing she could play guitar. It was a great starter guitar and reliable instrument while I had it, but as long as Jackies happy I don't care. i say you get it if your starting out. There good. The sp10 amps suck balls though.
My first was a squier strat. Good for begginers but for a second guitar their crappy. If you already got a guitar, then go for epiphone as your second guitar, or a gibson or fender. Those are the better companies.
"No man ever won a war by dying for his country, he did so by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
Quote by BedOfRazors509

Haha... I had a PRS se... as a first guitar.. I've never even played a squire.
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Quote by BedOfRazors509

Mine wasn't. Mine was a Hamer Slammer which still to this day kicks ass.
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Mine was a Drive Firesomething... Pos.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
i got an ibanez rg for about 200
originally 450
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club