I'm starting to buy parts to build a version of the Manson guitar that Matt Bellamy from Muse uses. I can't really find Rio Grande pickups like the ones that be uses in his Bomber Manson, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get them. I'm planning on using a telecaster body and neck from stewmac as the starting point for this guitar, any opinions on that? Also, does anyone know anything about putting things like a fuzz factory and a phase 90 into a guitar body and how what sort of sequence to wire them in relation to a Graph Tech Ghost bridge? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd recommend going to the Manson website. They have most of the parts you'd need their. I think they have the pickups at least.
Originally posted by jimmeh
I'm gonna try and teach my gf bass. I've only tried once, and we were both naked and still in bed, so it didn't work so well.
http://musegear.fobbedoff.net/

Voila

EDIT: The Silver Manson page is the best for info. It tells you about how the fuzz factory was wired and stuff.

Here's a picture of the wiring inside with the fuzz factory etc.

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Jun 30, 2006,
he also used nailbombs in one of his guitars, and he uses fernandez sustainers
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Thank you everyone who replied above, all the information should help, especially about the silver manson page. Is that on the musegear site, hendrix? I've been on it a bunch and haven't been able to find anything good about internals.

After looking at my options for starting from scratch, I think I might order a custom guitar from carvin and go from there on the electronics. They said they can do a sc90 body with a tl60 neck and headstock, so that's fairly close to the manson.
woah, nice idea. Have you got any idea how much this will cost you?
Quote by Problematique
Thank you everyone who replied above, all the information should help, especially about the silver manson page. Is that on the musegear site, hendrix? I've been on it a bunch and haven't been able to find anything good about internals.

After looking at my options for starting from scratch, I think I might order a custom guitar from carvin and go from there on the electronics. They said they can do a sc90 body with a tl60 neck and headstock, so that's fairly close to the manson.

yeh its pretty much hard to find out bout the innards but the website should have whats inside the guitars. yeh ordering it from carvin is a good idea gotta make sure its a bolt on aswell. are you also going to fit a zvex fuzz factory and a phase 90 inside? and the pedals are set up in series if you wanted to know just in case.